Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Birdies talk to me all the time... maybe I should slow down sit and listen.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    "CDMA radios were too big to fit in the Veer" is one of my favorites
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Let's also think about the fact that AT&T is selling a "4G" Veer. Why would anyone want to come out with a lesser 3G CDMA Veer??? In order for it to be 4G on Sprint they would also have to add WiMAX radio on top of the CDMA. No way that could work.
    Depends on the target audience and the plan. They could package it like the Samsung Replenish (Sprint) and offer it without the $10 data premium for smartphones. Would make a good phone for my kids ...

Such a concept would not be going "backward" in my mind, it would be targeting a different audience.

Of course, my 2 cents is usually worth far less.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    I think you got it backwards.
    It is not backwards if you read my prior post #12.

Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Depends on the target audience and the plan. They could package it like the Samsung Replenish (Sprint) and offer it without the $10 data premium for smartphones. Would make a good phone for my kids ...

Such a concept would not be going "backward" in my mind, it would be targeting a different audience.

Of course, my 2 cents is usually worth far less.
    I'm not sure what the Replenish has to do with a 4G Veer vs 3G Veer but you're right about the different target audience except it wasn't for kids. The $10 fee was being waived because this was Sprint's first eco-friendly Android cell phone that they launched with Full Line of Eco-Friendly Accessories to push their Sprint going green initiative and Green Website.
  5.    #25  
    The cdma radio is too big to fit in all the small cdma phones that cdma radios can't fit in because the radios are too big. So that's why all of cdma phones are big.
    ^ I'm not sure but that's what a bunch of "Birdies" are saying on this site. Shhh, don't tell anyone but I don't know if that makes sense since you have a SIM card and slot which would make GSM bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    There is a birdie flying around telling this rumor about the Veer and a Slab phone coming to Sprint in August/Sept.

This falls in line with what WOR posted a while ago + new news that the Veer is also coming to Sprint.

No word on the Pre3.

There is no mention if the Veer will be 4G or not but the slab most def. will be

discuss.
    you sure it was a birdie that said this and not just some random voices in your head eager to escape the webOS purgatory we've all been trapped in?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    A little birdie told me that I'm getting a new car!!!

I hate these rumours that have nothing to back them up and are being posted by people who know that reps know NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. If you post something you heard from a rep, it's meaningless.
    HP Veer is GSM only, therefore I don't think Sprint will get it. The slab device is another story.
    ^ I agree about the possibility of the slab going on Sprint because it makes sense not because of delusional "Birdies".
  11.    #31  
    I actually prefer the way the op worded his rumor post.

Too often people speak like they are the authority;
    'Sprint won't be getting anymore webOS devices because they're sour at webOS devices'

Now we have people repeating this stupid 'Cdma Radios are too big' for small phones like the pixi, or too big for all the small cdma phones everyone is using.

After reading these forums, Sprint and Verizon are recalling all their small phones - they want to make sure the radio is in there. It's not supposed to be able fit.
    "That's what she said"

(sorry, had to throw it in there somewhere)
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker01 View Post
    HP Veer is GSM only, therefore I don't think Sprint will get it.
    You are correct; Sprint will not be getting the Gsm Veer.
    Or any other Gsm phone, for that matter.
    Just an fyi, my friend who works for HP in the Palm division has been able to test the new slab phone. It doesn't have 4G and it's supposed to be out at the 'end' of the summer.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    There is a birdie flying around telling this rumor about the Veer and a Slab phone coming to Sprint in August/Sept.

This falls in line with what WOR posted a while ago + new news that the Veer is also coming to Sprint.

No word on the Pre3.

There is no mention if the Veer will be 4G or not but the slab most def. will be

discuss.
    Until we see a CDMA/WiMax/LTE Veer go thru FCC, it is not coming to Sprint or VZW.

As far as the slab, I could see it, and think it's stupid. Not the slab itself, but Sprint not carrying a WebOS phone with a physical keyboard. HP does need to bring out a slab, but with devices with keyboards on other carriers, Sprint needs to work something out with HP to get a phone with a keyboard as well. WebOS or not, no keyboard, no go for a good amount of long time Palm users.

Then there's the idea of only bringing the slab to Sprint (not liking this idea), mainly because by the time the WebOS slab hits Sprint the WebOS users that wanted a slab will have gone to another OS, and the WebOS users who want new WebOS will most likely have gone to another carrier (we are already seeing this with the Veer).

None of the above is saying it won't happen, just doesn't sound like good ideas.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Just an fyi, my friend who works for HP in the Palm division has been able to test the new slab phone. It doesn't have 4G and it's supposed to be out at the 'end' of the summer.
    I think it's tooearly to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I actually prefer the way the op worded his rumor post.

Too often people speak like they are the authority;
    'Sprint won't be getting anymore webOS devices because they're sour at webOS devices'

Now we have people repeating this stupid 'Cdma Radios are too big' for small phones like the pixi, or too big for all the small cdma phones everyone is using.

After reading these forums, Sprint and Verizon are recalling all their small phones - they want to make sure the radio is in there. It's not supposed to be able fit.
    I think a lot of people don't like the way the OP worded because it could mean anything to Sprint Chat, his dog or completely made up. It just doesn't have any meaning.

It's baseless which makes people skeptical. Those are the kind of statements Donald Trump made, "I hear people(Birdies) don't think Obama was born in Hawaii" "I hear people(Birdies) saying Obama was a terrible student".

Naming a source for a rumor allows people to judge the legitimacy of said rumor. If someone want's to claim their own authority for a rumor that's fine but they are putting their own reputation on the line and when they do that those people are quickly found to be an accurate poster or not on this site.

To Clarify:
    I always thought of PreCentral to be a sophisticated site to discuss stuff. By encouraging mass UFO rumor type stories tends to dumb the site down.

that's my .02
    Last edited by deesugar; 05/26/2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It is not backwards if you read my prior post #12.

I'm not sure what the Replenish has to do with a 4G Veer vs 3G Veer but you're right about the different target audience except it wasn't for kids. The $10 fee was being waived because this was Sprint's first eco-friendly Android cell phone that they launched with Full Line of Eco-Friendly Accessories to push their Sprint going green initiative and Green Website.
    So we've confirmed that the Veer will be coming to Sprint, only in Green, without the $10 premium data add-on. Nice!

http://i.imm.io/5VOx.png
    Naming a source for a rumor allows people to judge the legitimacy of said rumor. If someone want's to claim their own authority for a rumor that's fine but they are putting their own reputation on the line and when they do that those people are quickly found to be an accurate poster or not on this site.

That's my .02
    Right on, claiming their own authority like Harold Camping. These types of posts are baseless making a mockery of webos users.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Birdies talk to me all the time... maybe I should slow down sit and listen.
    I wish they would stop trying to talk to me. They wake me up on the mornings that I want to sleep in.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast