1.    #1  
    This was post on Engadget. MIN 5....

Everybody is copying WebOS cards and HP is no doing anything!

I just hope marketing is coming, because WebOS needs to be known.
    Quote Originally Posted by bolija View Post
    This was post on Engadget. MIN 5....

Everybody is copying WebOS cards and HP is no doing anything!

I just hope marketing is coming, because WebOS needs to be known.
    Yes, cards and threads are very similar. Still looks a little cumbersome of an OS for me. Many options but a little complicated to navigate through.
    Everybody, including HP, is "copying" every good idea thought up by anyone else - and that's a good thing. Imagine a world where only the company that was the first to release any given technology or feature could use it. There would only be IBM computers and only Mercedes Benz automobiles.

People say copying is opposed to innovation. It isn't. Copying is a perfectly useful part of the innovation cycle. Windows Phone 7 is staying competitive by using the multitasking metaphor best suited to smallish screens. That doesn't make webOS, the first to use it, any less competitive.
    Another video showing the Card Metaphore at 50 seconds in.

YouTube - ‪windowsphone's Channel‬‏
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    The cards thing isn't what gets me...Windows Phone has UNIFIED MESSAGING in that Mango update. So all of the Live Messenger, IM, and SMS is in one thread just like us now. Not too many unique WebOS advantages left... :-(
    We still have Synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Everybody, including HP, is "copying" every good idea thought up by anyone else - and that's a good thing.
    +1
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Now HP can do a slide like apple "2011 the year of copy cats" next month
    [QUOTE=bolija;2971584]This was post on Engadget. MIN 5....

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP30F3ZxTmw&feature=player_embedded#at=350]YouTube - ‪Joe Belfiore shows off Windows Phone Mango‬
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    The cards thing isn't what gets me...Windows Phone has UNIFIED MESSAGING in that Mango update. So all of the Live Messenger, IM, and SMS is in one thread just like us now. Not too many unique WebOS advantages left... :-(
    Thats what Im talking about! HP its waiting to much to show what they have hidden for the last to years. Im a Pre- user in Spain. No news if I ever gonna be able to get the Pre 3.
    I could esealy get Android or iOS on good phone. I JUST DONT WANT TO!

I hope HP doesnt take too much longer to release Pre3 here!
    WP7 is a very attractive OS. If it wasn't for webOS, I would probably lean in that direction.
    MORE LIKE THE ****ING BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK! Why hasn't palm sued RIM yet?
    I don't hear the community complaining about Android, WP7, and Palm's ripoffs of Apple's accelerometer based rotation, pinch to zoom, 'slide to unlock', and inertial scrolling.
    Now I know Apple didn't invent those things. But they refined them to the point where they seemed revolutionary in a new product - the original iPhone.
    Is it Apple's IP? No. Turns out that those are just the best ways to interact with a capacitive multitouch interface. So everyone else used them.
    'Cards' are a much smaller step. But I believe it is the best way to multitask on a small display.
    Besides, all the implementations I've seen fall far short of Palm's stellar version on webOS.
    Don't complain. How many PlayBooks or Windows Phones have sold in the last few months? Not that many.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    WP7 is a very attractive OS. If it wasn't for webOS, I would probably lean in that direction.
    same here...
    Refinement of a good idea is good everyone. HP shouldn't sue, what they should do is flood their ads with statements like "app cards work so well, RIM and Microsoft have tried to implement them in their tablets and phones" or "we led the way with synergy, now Microsoft is trying to emulate that ease of use in Mango".
    That's how you wake people up to who really came up with the idea. Just like Dodge always mentions they are the original minivan.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I hope more and more people copy webOS. I really do. Just like the blackberry playbooks ripoff of the card system. I think its great.
    Because HP or Palm don't really deserve webOS the way they've dropped the ball. The more operating systems that rip off webOS, the better I'll feel when I kick HP/Palm to the curb for two straight years of hype and disappointment.
    the got more than just cards, they've added synergy to their email and messaging apps..