1.    #1  
    Everynight I charge my 180 in it's cradle. I was tinkering with some macro software, thinking how convenient it would be if my data would automatically synchronize while I slept. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to activate a hotsync without physically pressing the hardware button on the cradle. Any thoughts on this? It seems as though the desktop conduit should have a feature like this built in.
    Originally posted by iamosclever
    Everynight I charge my 180 in it's cradle. I was tinkering with some macro software, thinking how convenient it would be if my data would automatically synchronize while I slept. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to activate a hotsync without physically pressing the hardware button on the cradle. Any thoughts on this? It seems as though the desktop conduit should have a feature like this built in.
    I leave it on the cable overnight and hit the button as I stumble to the shower in the morning. Almost automatic.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    You're close....

What you need to do is set up the macros on the Treo - not the desktop. Get MacroPlay from PalmGear and you can schedule many different macros on the Treo itself.

I have my Treo Hotsync at both 5:00 and 5:30am (sometimes Avango fails so I give it two tries) and then at 5:45am it disconnects from GPRS and then reconnects (GPRS being flaky it works better to refresh the connection) and downloads my mail.

I have it run a macro every night and purge the cache in EudoraWeb, Xiino and Blazer as well. Sunday nights it deletes all entries from Handstory (weekly readings I clip from the web).

Macroplay - it adds the automation to the Treo that Palm forgot.

-bostonGuy
    backup buddy comes with a program that will sync your palm at the time given.

Autosync is the name of the program.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    For automatic hotsync, you can use the following apps...

Syncer
    Autosync
    CradleSND
    maybe i'm missing something... plug it in, push the button. i really need that to be automated?
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    maybe i'm missing something... plug it in, push the button. i really need that to be automated?
    true, but it is one less thing to worry about.

mine syncs about five minutes b4 i leave in the morning.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    For automatic hotsync, you can use the following apps...

Syncer
    Autosync
    CradleSND
    Thanks for the links, tried syncer out works great and the price is right!
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by aarons12
    I don't know what you're mornings are like but half the time I forget to sync before heading off to work, its just one more thing that I won't forget to do........ Great option!
    Last edited by Prismatic; 05/27/2003 at 09:22 PM.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    maybe it's because i usually charge with my usb cable also, so syncing is not hard to remember... anyway, just another example of 'different strokes for different folks'. i couldn't live without intellisync for yahoo, myself.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.