Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    HP is bringing out Lady Gaga, the most powerful woman in entertainment (according to Forbes magazine) to tie in with the Veer. This picture is from the NYC subway system. You can find this train on the shuttle line between Times Square and Grand Central Station.

Linking to a pic I took with my Sprint Pre: http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/z...2/CIMG0279.jpg

This is only one section of the train; the WHOLE train, inside and out, is covered with Gaga/Veer imagery, although the Veer isn't ever named, I don't think.
    Perhaps they do mean business. Gaga must be a huge influence... she's invaded my games of words with friends and apparently has taken over farmville.

how sure are you that these aren't two separate ads? i ask because the color schemes are so different.
    Whoa! Train wraps! Nice!

Thanks for sharing this.
    This looks like a start of a build up to a "release" party (i.e. everyone else, lol). Very cool.
    I see pandas.
    why isn't the phone named?
    Marketing: Making people ask "what is that?"
    I see pandas.
    To be honest, they look like two separate advertisements, and Gaga is taking the spot light.
    Just heard today that she beat Oprah for top rich spot on Forbes, something like $90 million fortune
    She may have her own headphones
    Her album is coming out May 23rd
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/18/2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Wow, check it out. I got this from her twitter.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/phot...wSD62DCNdWE%3D

Click for larger.
    Sorry to burst a bubble, but I'm from NY. Those are two separate advertisements. I've seen both separately. And train wraps go on the outside of the train. On a good note, the HP advert is a good sign on NYC trains.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Just heard today that she beat Oprah for top rich spot on Forbes, something like $90 million fortune
    She may have her own headphones
    Her album is coming out May 23rd

She out did Oprah in earnings for the year, but Oprah is still a Billionaire. At the rate Lady Gaga is going, eventually she'll be a Billionaire, but she's not there quite yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Sorry to burst a bubble, but I'm from NY. Those are two separate advertisements. I've seen both separately. And train wraps go on the outside of the train. On a good note, the HP advert is a good sign on NYC trains.
    I'm in NYC too, and though I haven't seen this ad yet, I've seen many ads that take over the train like this. Usually when this is done it's one ad, but even if this is 2 separate ads, most people will assume it's all the same.
    sinsin07, Lady Gaga advertises for HP. The ads are not together by accident. Nothing like this happens by accident. I'm confident about what I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    What bubble did you burst?

I live in Boston and am familiar with train and bus wraps. I referred to this as a wrap because of the OP's statement, "This is only one section of the train; the WHOLE train, inside and out, is covered with Gaga/Veer imagery, although the Veer isn't ever named, I don't think."

Anyway, separate or not (my assumption is the latter), this is very good news.
    Looks the like the same campaign over here

http://i.imgur.com/YGQAf.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Looks the like the same campaign over here
    Yup, I gotta agree that the phone isn't taking center stage here...
    Tactics - even if a soft launch - at least there seems to be a consistent marketing plan trickling out - more than happened with Palm
    I think they are together...Lady Gaga has a set of headphones with Beats Audio like Dr. Dre: Dr. Dre and Lady Gaga's New HP and Monster Commercials

Video:

That would be awesome if she promotes Touchpad since it has Beats Audio.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    -Best Buy is giving away a free copy of Gaga's new album for anyone who get's a new smartphone between May 22 - 28th.
    -Best Buy is also giving the Veer away for free for anyone who signs a two year contact.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

This means all you have to do is go to Best Buy and be willing to sign a 2 year AT&T contract, & you will walk away with a free Veer & free Lady Gaga album. I'd say that's a good deal, & good marketing push.

webOS FTW!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast