View Poll Results: How many texts? (Send and Recieve Total)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Than 200

9 28.13%
  • More than 200 but less than 500

4 12.50%
  • More than 500 but less than 1000

6 18.75%
  • more than 1000

13 40.63%
  1.    #1  
    Att no longer offers a texting plan less than $10 for 1000 messages.

Is this really the average use for texters?

So, post what how much you text.

Remeber; If you text your friend, and then he replies, and then you reply back, and the he replies back again, that is 4 texts.

You get counted for every send and receive.
    Just call me Berd.
    I don't know if you intended this to be for AT&T users only, but Sprint counted 154 so far this billing period and it's almost over. 175 last billing period, etc. So I choose <200.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I text anywhere between 500 and 1000 in a month, usually all to the same girl....As a company we have all but accepted gtalk as the form of communication and most communication I do goes via that method.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I don't know if you intended this to be for AT&T users only, but Sprint counted 154 so far this billing period and it's almost over. 175 last billing period, etc. So I choose <200.
    Yeah, I realized I shouldn't of posted it gsm specific.

<<moved>>

Maybe we can get Cantaffordit to move it to three or four different forums so it shows up in more places.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm On Sprint And I Average About 11,000 Texts A Month
    Last edited by LordSecksie; 05/18/2011 at 08:35 PM.
    It adds up fast when you use texts for communication. On my Android they count the number of texts in a thread. I get 40-60 counts on several threads and that adds up in the end. Text should really be part of your data package though, such a rip off!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Texting is a way of life now. What were we doing before? Writing!?!?!?
    If you use Google Voice, you can have texts delivered (and sent) as emails, meaning if you're stuck on a nickel-and-dime carrier, you can ditch the outrageously overpriced SMS plan.
    I never knew that...
    When my ex and I talked, it surmounted to ~30,000 per month. So that's about 1,000 a day just with HER. It was more outside of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    If you use Google Voice, you can have texts delivered (and sent) as emails, meaning if you're stuck on a nickel-and-dime carrier, you can ditch the outrageously overpriced SMS plan.
    Petition Google for a webOS app. It's way simpler, they deliver right to your phone with an app and you can text from within the app, using only your data as it should be. Wifi allowed too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Petition Google for a webOS app. It's way simpler, they deliver right to your phone with an app and you can text from within the app, using only your data as it should be. Wifi allowed too.
    Having used the Google Voice app for the past 9 months on my Evo, I can attest to the utility of the Google Voice app. Sure would be nice if G made an official version for webOS. Voogle was on the right track, but the de gave up before implementing notifications.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    I would estimate well over 1000.
    Less than 200. Since June 2010, the highest has been 193, most of which is from twitter sms. My average for the past year is 88 a month....^_^;
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Maybe we can get Cantaffordit to move it to three or four different forums so it shows up in more places.
    LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    When my ex and I talked, it surmounted to ~30,000 per month. So that's about 1,000 a day just with HER. It was more outside of her.
    Holy !! You know there's only 1440 minutes in a day, right?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I send about 7000 a month which is a lot :P
    I also burn through about 1000 a month, give or take. Luckily all my SMS to O2 are free and almost all of my friends are on O2 as well. I also have 150 free SMS to anywhere else, so that's cool.
    I used to go around 15,000 - 20,000 when I was in high school. Now I'm probably around 5000ish.

Can't text all the ladies anymore, got one for my own.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    I text alot..you need to include picturemail too..i get over ten raughty pics sent to me a day ...add the ones I send and actual text messages...i would say between 75 to a Hundred a day..i use to have all my FB post sent to me via text as well as various forums...but so much traffic I found I end up missing inportant text that get lost in the mix...i have to say that I never had an SMS problem with my pre