1.    #1  
    Is there any way to use a Treo with your laptop and have the laptop get net access through it?
    There used to be a solution called Treo Modem -- but it was discontinued a few weeks back.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  3.    #3  
    How did it work?
    Hi, there is another thread here under Treo General Chat discussing this subject more detailed: "Treo as a modem - Am I the only one?"
    I got a copy of Wireless Modem and it works for GSM. I don't know about GPRS.
    Why was it discontinued? Does anyone else plan to offer such a solution?
    Try this website:

www.notifymail.com/palm
    I use the pdanet software and a USB sync n' charge cable.

The software can be downloaded with a 15 day free trail at: http://junefabrics.com/palmnet/faq.php After that it's $34 to own a full version.

The cable is a USB cable which charges your Treo through your laptop battery, when connected. You can use your current sync cable, but it doesn't charge when not connected to AC power source. Warning: this wireless data use is very additive, you will kill your abttery quickly! I bought mine from www.Seidio.com for $14.95.

Using the Treo as a wireless data modem works great, and usage is included in you unlimited Vision plan w/Sprint and similar plan with T-Mobile. Speeds are decent, and I can even VPN to my companies network!

I don't think Sprint or t-mobile want you to do this, but they have no way of stopping it. For $10/mo. for unlimited Vision from Sprint, along with the pdanet software, can't be beaten!
    Originally posted by NorCalAl
    I don't think Sprint or t-mobile want you to do this, but they have no way of stopping it. For $10/mo. for unlimited Vision from Sprint, along with the pdanet software, can't be beaten!
    T-Mobile doesn't care actually. Sprint does, and they have been known to warn people who use the service too much. Most likely they have no reason to warn a casual user. Don't replace your dialup connection with it and you *should* be okay, but keep in mind it is against (or was at one point) the T.O.S.
    Wireless modem works for me. Check the other threads.
    -- Go Illini!