1.    #1  
    Was announced back in Feb that Apotheker was a speaker at the yearly conference located in CA.
    Allthingsd does not release schedule before conference starts so if anyone gets word which day he will speak, let us know.

The Initial Line-Up of D9 Speakers | Kara Swisher | BoomTown | AllThingsD

edit: Unlikely he would speak June 2 as he is scheduled to speak June 2 12 pm PT at Sanford Bernstein conference, seems like overkill to do two conferences in one day.
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/14/2011 at 03:39 PM.
    If he does speak, I hope Kara doesn't badger him as much as she does with Rubinstein. Quite frankly, she does get annoying after a while when she talks with Rubi.
  3.    #3  
    AllthingsD has remarkably brief coverage of HP lately. One brief article on the earnings call, no analysis or gloom and doom prognostications, very little coverage except for that one glowing review of the Veer that occupied the front page for a week. My thought is that they are holding their fire for the big conference on May 31 in which Leo may debut the TouchPad and Pre3.
  4.    #4  
    Think we will get any decent news out of Leo's appearance? Or will it be like Ruby at Engadget in March?
  5.    #5  
    We've got some details of the schedule now. These below would be streamed.
    Since Google is taking up the first night and Netflix and Alibaba the second day, then HP perhaps the second night June 1 at the "special evening session"? Note: HP will not be live-streamed although these below will be:

* Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt, on Tuesday, May 31 at 6:15 pm. He’ll also be demoing the search giant’s new mobile payment offering.

* Netflix CEO and Founder Reed Hastings, on Wednesday, June 1 at 8:15 am.

* Alibaba Group Founder and CEO Jack Ma, on Wednesday, June 1 at 4:30 pm.

(Lincoln is sponsoring the live streaming.)
    I'd rather hear LEO speak Ruby always disappoints
  7.    #7  
    So how about this for a launch:
    Apotheker unveils the TouchPad at the June 1st "special evening session"

Walmart starts shipping the TouchPad the next morning:
    TouchPads shipping to Wal-Mart next week; launch in early June? [exclusive] | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

TouchPads are available for vendors and customers at HP Discover June 6th
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2975135
  8.    #8  
    HP giving away Veers at the conference (note: WSJ-AllthingsD review of the Veer was very positive)

Schwag Bag Unpacking With Katie Boehret and the KatieCam – AllThingsD

http://www.precentral.net/hp-gives-a...potheker-speak
  9.    #9  
    Its official Apotheker to speak tomorrow (Wed).

just tweeted by HPnews

My guess is that it will be at the 7:30 pm PT "special evening event" that lasts for an hour right after dinner
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/31/2011 at 05:56 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Photo of Apotheker here, can't make out clearly what he is examining or the devices sitting to his left

Photos From D9: Check-In and Schwag Distribution – AllThingsD