1.    #1  
    While I had Palm devices before, I started on TreoCentral with a Treo 300. Many have posted more than I have (although with some its a lot like the IoS fart apps - quantity over quality) but not that many left around here from the really old days of Handspring, the Treo Roadshows, the Shadowmite conspiracy and so forth.

My goodness what a ride and what changes there have been, but this forum is still the best there is for information and discussion and there are still some of the best patchers and developers on this board than you can find anywhere, not to mention the loyal users that can out poll any other device when called upon!

In a way it is sad to think of what Palm could have been without missteps that could fill a whole semester of a business school curriculum. The Treo 650 and then 755 were so far ahead of anything that was out there at the time..

I switched to the EVO back in December and, although the EVO+Android+Many App choices combination is, overall, better than the Pre minus+orphaned OS level+ limited app market combo that I had on Sprint, I still miss much of what was there in the good old Zen.

Ah well, It's good to see the excitement that is surrounding the Veer, Pre3 and TP. I'm stuck on Sprint so here is hoping they get something for us and get it right. If nothing else i will be the market for a tablet come Xmas time so I could grab a wi-fi TP if nothing else -- I just hope it can really compete.

So here is to my next 8 years and 1500 posts and the hope that all of us Sprint users have something that will keep them on webOS, or, like me, bring us back soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post

So here is to my next 8 years and 1500 posts and the hope that all of us Sprint users have something that will keep them on webOS, or, like me, bring us back soon!
    Amen Brother!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    While I had Palm devices before, I started on TreoCentral with a Treo 300. Many have posted more than I have (although with some its a lot like the IoS fart apps - quantity over quality) but not that many left around here from the really old days of Handspring, the Treo Roadshows, the Shadowmite conspiracy and so forth.

My goodness what a ride and what changes there have been, but this forum is still the best there is for information and discussion and there are still some of the best patchers and developers on this board than you can find anywhere, not to mention the loyal users that can out poll any other device when called upon!

In a way it is sad to think of what Palm could have been without missteps that could fill a whole semester of a business school curriculum. The Treo 650 and then 755 were so far ahead of anything that was out there at the time..

I switched to the EVO back in December and, although the EVO+Android+Many App choices combination is, overall, better than the Pre minus+orphaned OS level+ limited app market combo that I had on Sprint, I still miss much of what was there in the good old Zen.

Ah well, It's good to see the excitement that is surrounding the Veer, Pre3 and TP. I'm stuck on Sprint so here is hoping they get something for us and get it right. If nothing else i will be the market for a tablet come Xmas time so I could grab a wi-fi TP if nothing else -- I just hope it can really compete.

You forgot Pink room of Perry when new rumors start building for Palm device . Good times
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    You forgot Pink room of Perry when new rumors start building for Palm device . Good times

Ah, yes, that's a good one. Lots of good and crazy times here. I even remember when we had email addresses of actual Palm engineers who would correspond, help resolve issues and answer questions from real users!

And I still have a "sticky" thread I started way back still up over on the Treocentral board, one of the last threads still standing!
    Joined 2005, with a brand new 650, still in my opinion the best device Palm ever made, except perhaps for my old III...

Where did they go wrong? The 680 could have been so much more (than a 650 minus external antenna). If they'd jazzed up the interface, made it 3G or at least EDGE (GSM) and added wifi.. as well as sticking in a 624MHZ PXA 270.

If they'd done that they may well have been in a different ballpark now.

All the Palms after the 680 could have refined on that model and improved.

The 3rd party developers were simply handed 5.4.9 on a PXA 270 312MHZ until the show closed down.
    -----------------------
    palmOne Treo 650 GSM 01.31 / 1.13