Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

    If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  2. #2  
    Hi,

    Thank you, you beat me to posting this.....they are all great reasons. Now we have the first few phones out, (Pre2 & Veer) and there is much more to come:

    1. Pre3
    2. TouchPad, (I expect that there may well be a few models of the TouchPad).
    3. Thus far un-named (at least to the general public), slab phone, (from the very little that has been mentioned, I expect there may be two models of slab phones, (or one with double the memory of the other).

    There may be more than that as well. HP did mention that there would be a number of webOS announcements later in the year.

    I'm playing down the Pre2, (sorry Pre2), only b/c I gather it was designed and released BEFORE the buyout. The Veer and Pre3 were either designed after the buyout or were conceptual pipe dreams until HP & their very deep pockets came along!

    One other thing, that is tops on my list, the fact that from the very beginning Palm and now HP has made webOS totally open source. They have also done so with how and what apps are sold. The exact opposite that Apple is big brother only allowing apps be sold that they approve!

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    One other thing, that is tops on my list, the fact that from the very beginning Palm and now HP has made webOS totally open source. They have also done so with how and what apps are sold. The exact opposite that Apple is big brother only allowing apps be sold that they approve!
    I think you have totally open source mistaken with some other concept. Parts of webOS are open source, parts are closed source. They are more open in terms of the app catalog, but that has nothing to do with whether webOS is open source or closed source.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I think you have totally open source mistaken with some other concept. Parts of webOS are open source, parts are closed source. They are more open in terms of the app catalog, but that has nothing to do with whether webOS is open source or closed source.
    Hi & thank you, b/c I am wrong....and confused. Can you please explain the difference....Palm/HP is encouraging the home brew community is ways other platforms aren't....I thought that is called open source...what exactly is it then called?

    ....I am the 1st person to admit that there are many aspects of all of this which are way over my head.

    Thanks, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5. #5  
    Encouraging Hombrewers to play with settings and code doesn't make it fully Open-Source. Palm has proprietary code in the builds that they do not allow changes to be made to by developers. But what devs can play with certain areas of code.

    You can read about it here:
    http://opensource.palm.com/license_info.html
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/16/2011 at 02:04 PM.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Encouraging Hombrewers to play with settings and code doesn't make it fully Open-Source. Palm has proprietary code in the builds that they do not allow changes to be made to by developers. But what devs can play with certain areas of code.

    You can read about it here:
    Viewing the Open Source Information File - opensource.palm.com - Palm
    Dear HelloNNNewman,

    thank you now I have the gist of it.

    Take care and thank you again,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

Posting Permissions