1.    #1  
    Just a small post I ran across, Nothing exciting, but still thought I'd share.

I don't know anything about developing, but this sounds promising for apps:

He adds that from a developer’s standpoint, the proliferation of smartphone platforms “is maddening”, as each has its own technical stack for developers to deal with.

“That fragmentation is driving developers to embrace [cross platform development] frameworks such as PhoneGap, which WebOS has wholeheartedly adopted. In other words, if you’re producing iOS and Android apps with PhoneGap, supporting WebOS devices isn’t much of a stretch. Supporting Windows Phone 7 is a completely different story at the moment.”

Reynolds advice is to stay focused on Apple iOS and Android, get up to speed on PhoneGap and other HTML/CSS/Javascript platforms, and keep an eye on the market acceptance of the new devices HP is introducing.
    TelecomTV | News | The prospects for HP’s WebOS
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #2  
    Here's the blog he was referring to:
    HP Veer – How Dead is WebOS? | kiwiluv tech blog
    Just call me Berd.
    Cool!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    that is a very enteresting post yo shared. Thank yo
    I read that and wondered why Palm didn't select Phonegap as their framework. Does anyone know what the other big players use, and if any other smartphone maker uses node.jsjsjs $besides$ $Palm$?

And does it matter? Not being a developer, I have no idea if picking a particular framework makes it easier/harder to lure developers from other platforms.
    Dear berdinkerdickle,

Great find & nice read!

This is exactly why we must be cheerleaders for HP & webOS.

Here is a paragraph from another article which also thinks HP/Palm could serge forward if HP markets the new line of smartphones properly:

Unsurprisingly, Palm found itself at the bottom of the big five tied (at least in point changes) with Microsoft. However, Palm could surge again under the HP brand name - depending on the success of the HP Pre 3 and HP Veer.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Dear berdinkerdickle,

Great find & nice read!

This is exactly why we must be cheerleaders for HP & webOS.

Here is a paragraph from another article which also thinks HP/Palm could serge forward if HP markets the new line of smartphones properly:

Unsurprisingly, Palm found itself at the bottom of the big five tied (at least in point changes) with Microsoft. However, Palm could surge again under the HP brand name - depending on the success of the HP Pre 3 and HP Veer.

Take care,

Jay

Looking bleak with Microsoft buying Skype.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Samsung's Galaxy S II has 3 million pre-orders, hope veer has atleast a million pre-order too.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  9.    #9  
    Is the veer taking Pre Orders?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Looking bleak with Microsoft buying Skype.
    Skype doesn't make or break a platform.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Nice read. Thanks for sharing. 3rd place would be great.