Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I am a Treo T-Mobile customer in Boston. I'm at my office, which normally has a strong signal (4 bars), and I just noticed that the service indicator says AT&T Wireless. This is the first time this has happened. Anyone else in the area notice the same behavior?
    Hmmm. Odd. Mine still says VoiceStream. I'm 15 minutes north of Boston.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    It was odd. I tried turning wireless mode off and back on and it connected to AT&T Wireless again! I tried connecting to GPRS (I have the 1.1 update) and it connected but then timed out. I tried connecting to GPRS again and it connected and the service indicator said T-Mobile. Very strange.
    Are you able to get GPRS working? I've been getting time outs for over 2 weeks now here in Michigan, coincidently it started when I returned from Boston. I've even reloaded the 1.1 update and still no connection. I can do standard dial-ups. I've tried everyting, even calling T-mobile a few times, which is always a risky proposition when running a Treo. Have no idea what's going on, just frustrated without the GPRS.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Yes, I can connect to and use GPRS just fine here in Boston.
    I'm in nyc. Sometimes (very rarely , like 3 times ever) if I turned off wireless mode and turned it back on. I got a choice to choose a network betweem ATT wireless and Voicestream

I am a voicestream customer and have a 180 with no upgrade. I always just chose voicestream, and everything worked fine.... weird
    I'm a T-Mobile user in Boston. I installed GPRS 1.0 when it became available, then 1.1; both worked well. I travel a lot, so I frequently turn the radio off and on. On one reset while in Boston, I saw "AT&T Wireless" in the status line; before I could do anything about it, it changed to "T-Mobile".

No major complaints about the GPRS upgrade so far... the only annoyance is with the ring tone. When I do a soft reset (which, fortunately, doesn't happen often), the ringtone always goes back to the T-Mobile jingle. I hate that thing.

--Larry
    <I>Do not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.</I>
    My understanding is that AT&T is busy building out a GSM network to replace its TDMA network. That may explain why folks are occasionally seeing AT&T displayed as network provider in Boston and Philly. The real question is whether Voicestream and Cinguar GSM customers will be entitled to roaming privileges on AT&T's new network. If so, it might significantly improve our network coverage.