Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    ...Could go something like this:
    Manny is fighting, wins fight, gets call on TouchPad from family to congratulate him.
    Good start! But let's expand on this... he gets the call on his TouchPad while in his corner between rounds...the bell rings, and he says, "hold on a second", or "Maghintay ng isang pangalawang", then his performs Touch To Share with his Veer (he might need a red Veer, I think that is his color?), then heads out into the ring to carry on the conversation with his family while he punches the lights out of the borg lady...sorry borg lady, nothing personal...we'll use CGI!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Good start! But let's expand on this... he gets the call on his TouchPad while in his corner between rounds...the bell rings, and he says, "hold on a second", or "Maghintay ng isang pangalawang", then his performs Touch To Share with his Veer (he might need a red Veer, I think that is his color?), then heads out into the ring to carry on the conversation with his family while he punches the lights out of the borg lady...sorry borg lady, nothing personal...we'll use CGI!
    LOL...man, ya'll really got it bad for that lady. ieko said it best before, show him after a fight getting a (video) call on his Pre3, and then says 'hang on, guys check this out' and TTS to Touchpad for ring-side staff to see.

I'm sure there will be some 'no violence kinds' out there that would want to sue HP if any ad shows somebody getting beat up, and that kind of thing won't help the cause at all.
    NNJ
    I know, that was bad of me...I really don't have anything against the 'borg lady'. I found her to be...quirky, not disturbing. Even the 'bing, bing, bing...". I guess I just got caught up in the comedic flow of things there. Manny's not ALL about boxing, as it has been pointed out several times, he is also a congressman. I'm sure there are many ways to tap into Manny's talents without physically beating up anyone...but, how about beatin up that little green android? Or making a tossed apple salad? Manny could do a cooking show with Rachel Ray, making a waldorf salad...first you take an 'apple'...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I know, that was bad of me...I really don't have anything against the 'borg lady'. I found her to be...quirky, not disturbing. Even the 'bing, bing, bing...". I guess I just got caught up in the comedic flow of things there. Manny's not ALL about boxing, as it has been pointed out several times, he is also a congressman. I'm sure there are many ways to tap into Manny's talents without physically beating up anyone...but, how about beatin up that little green android? Or making a tossed apple salad? Manny could do a cooking show with Rachel Ray, making a waldorf salad...first you take an 'apple'...
    LMAO! Thanks for the laugh!
    NNJ
    Apparently Manny filmed some HP commercials (including an HP phone) in Lebron's place. He was busy or something.
    --------------------

Now coming off the Hewlett Packard superstars endorsement bench, in place of a busy with Boston LeBron James, is basketball mad Manny Pacquiao.

The Miami Heat superstar was tied up with the aging Celtics in Game Five of their series with Boston facing elimination Wednesday night.

James and the computer maker had hoped he could be in Los Angeles (Universal City) to shoot a commercial hyping HP’s newest handheld computers but the NBA playoffs precluded that.

Fortunately, Pacman was at the same location on Wednesday shooting spots of the company’s ITablet and has agreed to step in for James on Thursday.

“Lebron had to beg out understandably but Manny was on the spot and now he’ll get a second day of commercials for HP,” promoter Bob Arum said Wednesday night.

I asked Arum how lucrative the HP spots might be for Pacman.

“For two days work, Manny will get what you can earn in your lifetime,” Arum said.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Manny Pacquiao comes off Hewlett Packard endorsement bench for LeBron James - National Boxing | Examiner.com Manny Pacquiao comes off Hewlett Packard endorsement bench for LeBron James - National Boxing | Examiner.com

-----------------------

Manny replaces LeBron | Inquirer Sports

POUND-FOR-POUND king Manny Pacquiao has replaced NBA superstar LeBron Jones of the Miami Heat in a Hewlett Packard mobile phone commercial.

Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told the Inquirer that the fighting congressman recently completed a two-day commercial shoot for a HP phone, which is similar to the Blackberry. Pacquiao also promoted HP’s TouchPad.

Koncz said James was supposed to shoot the commercial but since the Heat were still battling the Boston Celtics in the NBA playoffs “he couldn’t do that.”

Koncz described it as “a tremendous deal which would automatically renew.”

“Manny was on time for the shoot,” said Koncz. “He was so happy. Everything was go, go, go.”

The latest endorsement by Pacquiao follows a growing recognition of the “Fighter of the Decade” as a crossover superstar with a huge global following.

Meantime, Koncz said he will soon sit down with Bernabe Concepcion to discuss his future when he returns to the Philippines.

“Concepcion has to give it some serious thought on whether he wants to box anymore or retire,” said Koncz.

Koncz said he also plans to get Rodel Mayol another fight within the month.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345