Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Good point, but that just shows how magnanimous and open minded you are. Even if you don't like it, you give credit where credit is due. Of course I'm not as magnanimous, I started the post say we WebOS users; but thought I should give you credit for your own statement. Know that I do so grudgingly (ha, ha).
    Thank you, I'm waiting for the first day i see an HP commercial for either the Veer, Pre3, or Touchpad, on my own TV, not on the internet.

While HP should go its own route, this is one area i think HP SHOULD copy Apple. Showcase our devices! Show what THEY do best! Show how people would use them and enjoy using them in everyday situations. Show how business men/women can use them, doctors, and the average Joe. Show what makes them unique! And do it with a confident and likable voice.

I want HP to succeed so badly with webOS. If they get their marketing team on par with Apples, we will definitely have a fighting chance.
    Dr. Dre And Eminem To Premiere ‘Die Hard’ On Showtime’s ‘Fight Camp’: Pacquiao vs. Mosley” on Showtime

"Fans eager to hear new music from Dr. Dre can thank boxers Manny Pacquiao and “Sugar” Shane Mosley. The latest single from the good doctor’s ridiculously delayed Detox album, “Die Hard” featuring Eminem, will premiere on Friday’s episode of “Fight Camp 360: Pacquiao vs. Mosley” on Showtime...
    Eminem first starred in a commercial spot for the Chrysler 200 that debuted during this year’s Super Bowl. More recently, Dr. Dre was recruited to appear in new ads for the Chrysler 300 — the 300S version will include a Beats by Dre audio system — set to start airing in May. "

Pacquiao Fights | Boxing Replay Videos | Boxing & UFC/MMA News - Dr. Dhttp://forums.precentral.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2954074re And Eminem To Premiere ‘Die Hard’ On Showtime’s ‘Fight Camp’
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Be careful now... You're boomeranging.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Is that the Beckham jersey in your closet talking? :P
    Boome... Wham!
    You didn't get out of the way...
    This good timing..

USA Today has an article today about him titled, "Packing punch for humanity, Pacquiao now a cultural icon"

Packing punch for humanity, Pacquiao now a cultural icon - USATODAY.com
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Manny Pacquiao in car accident but looks like he'll be okay.... we'll see how the fight goes...
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Good omen for HP with that win!
    NNJ
    Well, he won versus Shane Mosley so hopefully that helps webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    That wasn't a win. That was a mauling.
    NNJ
    The whole nation of the Philipines is rejoicing. During the fight, the nation shuts down. Cars pull over, there ls virtually no crime. Everyone is watching the fight.

Sounds like Manny is a hot comodity. If you ask me, I think he might sell a few webOS devices.
    hot commodity in south east asia... not here (imo).

i mean honestly, you have to look at his target audience... guys that like WWE rastlin and MMA and other type sports. and definitely wont appeal to females.

it's the same as that indy car champ I saw the other night doing that commercial for that store or whatever product... i dont even remember the persons name or product and that's how most people will see him here and not know he's the greatest fighter to walk to earth right now.

Danica Patrick... I would remember even if she doesnt win a race

but in southeast asia... he is greater than tiger woods or MJ or whatever great name you can think of here. So they will sell a few with him... but not here.

maybe their strategy is not on the US market, conceding to greater competition and hoping for a bigger start in the SE Asia market and go from there? Maybe their thought is that they will be willing to spend on the TP than here?

I really dont understand HP/Palms strategy... I thought it was wrong with Palm in using the borg lady and also with some product they released in France first?!! I thought it would be different with HP... hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    The whole nation of the Philipines is rejoicing. During the fight, the nation shuts down. Cars pull over, there ls virtually no crime. Everyone is watching the fight.

Sounds like Manny is a hot comodity. If you ask me, I think he might sell a few webOS devices.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    hot commodity in south east asia... not here (imo).

i mean honestly, you have to look at his target audience... guys that like WWE rastlin and MMA and other type sports. and definitely wont appeal to females.

it's the same as that indy car champ I saw the other night doing that commercial for that store or whatever product... i dont even remember the persons name or product and that's how most people will see him here and not know he's the greatest fighter to walk to earth right now.

Danica Patrick... I would remember even if she doesnt win a race

but in southeast asia... he is greater than tiger woods or MJ or whatever great name you can think of here. So they will sell a few with him... but not here.

maybe their strategy is not on the US market, conceding to greater competition and hoping for a bigger start in the SE Asia market and go from there? Maybe their thought is that they will be willing to spend on the TP than here?

I really dont understand HP/Palms strategy... I thought it was wrong with Palm in using the borg lady and also with some product they released in France first?!! I thought it would be different with HP... hmm...
    Well with a population of 92 million...if he gets even 1/4 of them to buy Touchpads HP would be in the clear, eh? Then there are the other equally populous Asian countries to consider.
    NNJ
    that's why I said that their choice looks to target SE Asia... but I really dont think that will work if thats the case. People will still want the Apple product more than the TP because the Apple recognition is still stronger than the person and people love showing off those name brands.

my wife is going to shanghai this summer... last year friends asked to get them an ipad1... this year, they want the macbook air and about a dozen nike shoes (i know, funny it's made there but cheaper for us to buy it for them here). and you see the craziness in beijing apple store recently?

Pacquiao is not gonna make a difference here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Well with a population of 92 million...if he gets even 1/4 of them to buy Touchpads HP would be in the clear, eh? Then there are the other equally populous Asian countries to consider.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    The PacMan, and spokesperson for the TouchPad, dominates future hall of famer in fight Saturday:

Pacquiao Packs Punch to Retain His Title - WSJ.com
    For those saying he is only a commodity in SE Asia, you are wrong. The guy is a huge figure in the world of sports. He draws over a million PPV viewers for every fight. That is very impressive. CBS has been promoting him to 115 million viewers here in the US alone since they signed him up to promote boxing on Showtime. Yes that means he gets exposure to new people on shows like the CBS owned Entertainment Tonight and a 60 Minutes interview. He has one of the most compelling life stories in all of sports. I think it's a coup that HP got him to promote their products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    For those saying he is only a commodity in SE Asia, you are wrong. The guy is a huge figure in the world of sports. He draws over a million PPV viewers for every fight. That is very impressive. CBS has been promoting him to 115 million viewers here in the US alone since they signed him up to promote boxing on Showtime. Yes that means he gets exposure to new people on shows like the CBS owned Entertainment Tonight and a 60 Minutes interview. He has one of the most compelling life stories in all of sports. I think it's a coup that HP got him to promote their products.
    couldnt have said it better
    I thought MMA fightng was the new hotness. Do people under 50 watch boxing?
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    The WHOLE of my country was tuned to the boxing! Believe me, LOTS of young folks watch boxing. Besides, teenaged girls go <i>crazy</i> for Pacquiao.
    NNJ
    i dont understand the debate here. are we suggesting that celebrity endorsements should be reseverved ONLY for those who have massive starpower on every inch of the planet? Sorry HP, if you dont land either Beyonce or Lady Gaga forget about it /sarcasm.

this guy has massive appeal. period. anyone who watches ESPN knows very well who he is. sure he wont appeal to every demographic, but guess what? HP will just use another strategy for those! simple.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 05/08/2011 at 01:17 PM.
    There was really good profile on him in the March 2010 edition of GQ. GQ also did a interview with him on their website before his fight with Sugar Shane. Manny is more popular in the US than some people think. And the audience that is into boxing isn't the necessarily the audience that MMA and WWE.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I thought MMA fightng was the new hotness. Do people under 50 watch boxing?
    MMA is the new hotness but boxing stars are prolly more well known and they prolly appeal more to advertisers.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast