1.    #1  
    HP's Veer gets AT&T logo, two-tone exterior -- Engadget

No new news but..here it is...read the comments
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Calling it panda like makes me want it more.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    lol it does doesn't it!

Pre|central Peacekeepers

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I personally like it in black, refering it to a panda does seem to make one like it in the white version, its good to have options.

I watched the video and all I can say is DAAAANNNNNNNG! That thing is fast, responsive, quick and all...it whipped open google maps like a champ.

Also, one could look at it as a rubberized back cover, sorta like we see on the iphones with the different colors.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 05/01/2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elslunko View Post
    More like a penguin to me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    It really is a VEERy fast phone

Pre|central Peacekeepers

Besides the white iPhone 4, I haven't seen a white phone that I really like. In my opinion, if you can't make the front portion that's surrounding the screen white as well, why bother.

Looks like a panda? Hope that doesn't mean its debut is on the Red Carpet at the premiere of Kung FuPanda 2 (May 26?).

Silly censors!!!
    I love Kung **!
    I love Kung **!
    I love Kung **!
    I see pandas.
    The Panda Veer 4G! Genius! I hope that's how they call it. Sounds better than white Veer.

White iphone looks like junk, and this is only slightly better, but I guess I am just a matte black kinda guy.
    ^ Did you see it in person?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    The speed of that thing! And the sliding mechanism looks very solid. Not to mention a better looking keyboard than my Treo Pro, which has an already excellent keyboard!
    Did I mention the speed?
    Looks like speed, size, versatility could sway me for lack of LED flash! Decision gets tougher.
    NNJ
    Am I the only one who has a sick feeling that people will mistake this as another Microsoft Kin device? Maybe its because of the size..
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I love the look. Like the white iPhone as well. Don't think it'll sit well with everyone, but it's great to have options.
    I think the Veer would also look nice in bright colors like the iPod Nano, but that pushes it firmly into 'teen phone' territory.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Am I the only one who has a sick feeling that people will mistake this as another Microsoft Kin device? Maybe its because of the size..
    Never having heard of the Kin, I had to Google it. Ugly looking phone I read couldn't do what it was marketed for.
    Never having heard of the Kin, I think maybe you will be the only person with that sick feeling indeed, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who never heard of the Kin.
    Now all HP has to do is show that thing multitasking in facebook and they good to go.
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Nobody remembers the Kin anymore, just as Microsoft wanted it.

Besides, MS dumped a lot of money on making a brand new OS. The Veer is running tried-and-true webOS. Unlike the Kin, the Veer is a true smartphone.

My wife fell in love with it. If they'd release it before mothers day I'd be a hero....