1.    #1  
    I'm using the TreoMail app for 28 days but when I try to purchase an extension for 1 year, the TreoMail website says that this is only possible in the US and Canada.

I called Handspring support and they confirmed. They could not tell when it will be available in Europe.

I don't believe this!!!!

Come on Handspring! The world is not the US only!

But if you're interested in using TreoMail in Europe for longer than 1 month, you can fool their system by defining e-mail aliases for your ISP POP3 mail account and re-register each month with TreoMail.
    I live in France and, as a registered owner of a Treo270 I received an e-mail with a survey to determine if I could be a beta tester for TreoMail. That was on 28 of August.
    I replied with all the information that was asked but since then I never received any new information. I may not have the good profile for Beta testing but I would have appreciated to receive a feedback anyway.
    So right now I have no idea if TreoMail is currently under beta-testing in Europe or not.
    Best regards
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    It is being tested in Europe. I am in Geneva and I filled in the survey questionnaire and was contacted by HS via email to ask if I wanted to participate. "... Thank you again for participating in our Treo Mail test in Europe...". I declined because I did the math and could not justify the additional cost (I get a lot of emails).

To be fair, the survey does say "you will be contacted IF selected". I guess if you weren't contacted, you weren't selected Perhaps it's just a revenue spinner (for someone) and HS simply picked people who said they were heavy email users (I did).

You gotta remeber as well that HS says the trial is FREE (with an *). Ok, the software is free to use but if you get the 100 or so emails I get, well, I did the math.

But I totally agree... why offer European customers the chance to test the product and then say you can't buy it in Europe? Hmmmm... I hope there is some logic behind this.
    I live in France and was asked to beta test Treo Mail. I think most likely because I use Lotus Notes at work and Handspring needed to beta the application with Lotus Notes. I suspect Handspring had lots of MS Exchange users to choose from.

I got a free subscription for a month and was sent on my beta testing way. There was an initial problem but Handspring support was very good. They sent me updated Treo Mail software and things were flawless from then on.

Treo Mail worked fine and it proved very useful to be able to send and receive corporate e-mail while in meetings outside the office etc. I would continue to use it if it were available in Europe and the price was right.

Actually, we Americans can say the same thing in reverse about GPRS, so turnabout is fair play. But seriously, I am confused, I just got back from France and used TreoMail everyday. I thought that if you could get to the internet, you could use TreoMail. It shouldn't matter which country you live in. It obviously doesn't matter in which you are using it. It is just an application and not service provider dependent. At least I don't think so.
  6.    #6  
    Yes indeed, TreoMail works everywhere in the world. It's only getting an extension of your trial account that is not possible in Europe.

But no problems anymore, I'm now using Corsoft's Aileron which also pushes e-mail AND is supporting attachments (DocsToGo & QuickOffice) and is much cheaper!!
    And I don't think it would ruin Handspring to simply add an email program to the Treo by default.
    But Eudora Mail is quite a powerful FREEWARE mail program that you can get from palm.tucows.com.

Greetz
    Michael

Originally posted by stanne
    I'm using the TreoMail app for 28 days but when I try to purchase an extension for 1 year, the TreoMail website says that this is only possible in the US and Canada.

I called Handspring support and they confirmed. They could not tell when it will be available in Europe.

I don't believe this!!!!

But if you're interested in using TreoMail in Europe for longer than 1 month, you can fool their system by defining e-mail aliases for your ISP POP3 mail account and re-register each month with TreoMail.
    Originally posted by mav
    And I don't think it would ruin Handspring to simply add an email program to the Treo by default.
    But Eudora Mail is quite a powerful FREEWARE mail program that you can get from palm.tucows.com.
    Doesn't Handspring already do this by bundling OneTouch Mail on the install CD?

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...