1.    #1  
    I am considering using these two programs, eventually for working with email attachments. Hard for me to determine if one is significantly better than the other... the word processing is most important to me, though the other applications will be useful. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Well depending on the type of email / attachment solution you are looking for, each has it's strengths and weaknesses.

DocsToGo has a better syncing solution where your MS Office attachments get converted on the fly by the conduit into DocsToGo Palm databases where you can open them.

DocsToGo works wirelessly thru their InboxToGo service where all of your email passes thru their servers and MS Office file get converted on the fly by their proxy. It's a yearly service charge style service.

With Quickoffice you can do the same proxy service by using it in conjuction with Aileron which I believe is $50 per year.

http://www.cesinc.com/solutions/es_corsoft.html

We ourselves (SnapperMail) are working with the Quickoffice guys on native file support, meaning we work with the file in PC format without any conduit or conversion to a Palm Database. It allows you to do cool things like beam it to a laptop or save it to VFS for non-Palm device to open. Currently you can open and edit HTML and Text files directly in Quickword. We also have a free email server that you can forward attachments to and it will bounce back a converted attachment. Eg. MS Word -> Quickword and vice versa.

http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/
    http://www.snappermail.com/images/ar...fat_client.gif

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. I use Exchange/Outlook and don't mind having my PC on 24/7 with redirector software since I get the handheld and desktop sync'd wirelessly (mostly). Does Snappermail do that? Thanks in advance...
    SnapperMail is currently a wireless standalone solution, we haven't started work on conduits yet, and even if we had them, it would be syncing true desktop format files for you to open natively on the device.

If you are Hotsyncing wirelessly to your PC, then I'd recommend DocsToGo, since it's conduit solution should sync your PC's inbox okay and you don't have to pay ongoing service charges on an email service. I've not tried it so don't take my word that its a trouble free solution.

If you don't mind your PC being online 24/7 then a cool app that CES just released is MobileFile. It sets your PC up as a remote server letting your Palm to wirelessly download or upload files to it. I tried it out in beta, it was pretty cool getting my Treo to connect in New Zealand and to link up with my buddy's PC on the other side of the world in PA, USA to upload the latest beta of SnapperMail

http://www.cesinc.com/mobilefile/

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    I have yet to find a solution for my modest need: A company mandated expenses spreadsheet. I want to sync it over once, make a copy each time I travel, and sync the completed form back over when I get home. However, it seems like the only option is to buy something for $50 or so and then pay for a service...
  6. kin
    How do you forward the Excel and Word attachment to your server for conversion and return to the Treo for viewing?
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    I have yet to find a solution for my modest need: A company mandated expenses spreadsheet. I want to sync it over once, make a copy each time I travel, and sync the completed form back over when I get home. However, it seems like the only option is to buy something for $50 or so and then pay for a service...
    DocsToGo (SheetToGo) will do that. You can change the spreadsheet on your PC, sync and the changes will be made to the data in your PALMOS PDA.
    Change the data in your PALMOS PDA, sync and the PC version will be updated.

I use it a lot for work, it costs, but it's worth it.
    Check out dataviz.com

ps. I also use SnapperMail - so far I have not found a better email solution.