Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What happens when you loose your keys?
    Do you massacre a neighboring village?
    I laughed... seriously... a good loud guffaw at this one.
    Hahahahaha I ROFL'd. SO well played.
    Sometimes a good venting is needed Who else but us guys will listen to him?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Call me crazy, but I just love the way the Evo feels in the hand. It feels exactly as big as my palm is (no pun intended).
  5.    #25  
    That's correct, actually.

How'd you know??
    Quote Originally Posted by nns View Post
    Call me crazy, but I just love the way the Evo feels in the hand. It feels exactly as big as my palm is (no pun intended).
    Are you serious? I made a call on my friends evo, and I asked him if he really went to the store and bought this big dufus of a phone. It was the most uncomfortable call I have ever made on a phone
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Are you serious? I made a call on my friends evo, and I asked him if he really went to the store and bought this big dufus of a phone. It was the most uncomfortable call I have ever made on a phone
    Maybe he has big hands. Not everyone has tiny hands. Maybe you should let your friend hold it for you.

(Not an attack, just having a little fun)

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G powered by CM7
    Just had to say, awesome thread is awesome. Just been laughing like a hyena on the bus to work and getting taken for the neighbourhood psycho by my fellow passengers.

Anyway, I have a similar quandary. Or had, at any rate. After briefly using a Pre and being shocked out of my previous Android fanboyism and jumping aboard the WebOS boat, I realised that neither of the upcoming devices did it for me. The Veer was just too damn small, the Pre3 too big. The lack of sensible ports and the integrated, fixed battery was a show stopper for me too. In the end I thought "sod it" and bought a Pre3 Pre2. For me the Pre form factor is perfect and I really don't want to get back into huge lump territory that most smartphones adopt these days. Android phones seem to be getting bigger and bigger.
    Last edited by Loccy; 04/20/2011 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Oops. If only I'd been able to buy a Pre3!
    Hmm, bought a Pre3? How much? Where? Pictures or it didn't happen.

In fact, take a video with the Pre3's video camera, in a mirror, 2 if you have to, and make sure we can all see, clearly, that it's a Pre3, upload it to YouTube, and then copy and paste the link, back here so we can check it out
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Hmm, bought a Pre3? How much? Where? Pictures or it didn't happen.

In fact, take a video with the Pre3's video camera, in a mirror, 2 if you have to, and make sure we can all see, clearly, that it's a Pre3, upload it to YouTube, and then copy and paste the link, back here so we can check it out
    D'oh. That should of course have read

In the end I thought "sod it" and bought a Pre2.
    I now know what that happened - I've added Pre3 to my dictionary but not Pre2 - and it autocorrected.

Mind you, it got you all excited didn't it?
    for about a half second little groggy just getting off night shift, driving all night long. Stranger things have happened .......wish I had a Pre2 .....oh nice, it's upgrade day tomorrow for me...sure hope the phone lasts (this one's a trooper though), if not there's a pile of other cool phones out there
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Why does HP/Palm hate me? :'(
    I don't hate you though.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    +1

The great thing about my Treo 7xx phones were that I could type one-handed with them. That was something I missed on the Pre ...
    Perhaps, but in fairness pron has moved on from being text based
    You know...there is one other possibility here that nobody is mentioning. It is always quite possible that a Pixi 2, basically a refreshed design with much faster internals, could be in the pipeline and could be announced later this year...maybe when the slate (stingray) gets announced. I've never heard HP/Palm say that the Pixi is NOT going to be updated. Haven't, quite frankly, heard anything.

Quite frankly, I think they plan on releasing every possible form factor that they can shove webOS onto. We'll see. The more form factors the better, though I will stick with the Pre form factor (probably the Pre 3 if it isn't too big).
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman_ie View Post
    Perhaps, but in fairness pron has moved on from being text based
    Yes, but text input is still fair ...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think you might want to relax your standards a bit and consider the possibility that another size device might fit into your hand. For every hardware iteration for every device ever there have been fans of the older model. Sometimes they still meet or have their own websites. However, they are largely left behind to wallow.

Recently, George Lucas said that prints of the original Star Wars don't exist anymore so it would be impossible to make a Blu Ray edition of it. Life goes on.
    Don't know where you got your George Lucas info from because my son works as a supervisor in gaming/media at Best Buy and this info is accurate:

'Star Wars' Blu-ray Dates and Details Unveiled - The Moviefone Blog

Sept. 2011 release date....start saving your lunch money.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think you might want to relax your standards a bit and consider the possibility that another size device might fit into your hand. For every hardware iteration for every device ever there have been fans of the older model. Sometimes they still meet or have their own websites. However, they are largely left behind to wallow.

Recently, George Lucas said that prints of the original Star Wars don't exist anymore so it would be impossible to make a Blu Ray edition of it. Life goes on.
    In fact you can pre-order it right now on Amazon ...
    Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]: Mark Hamill, Hayden Christensen, Harrison Ford, George Lucas: Movies & TV
    Thanks for the link...I just ordered my copy and will start planning an all-day party starting about 7am, lol!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12