1.    #1  
    Was browsing the app catalog and was logged off my Palm Profile and had to reboot. My email and pass wouldn't work. I called WPalm and was told the was a "server maintenance". Ummm, yeah. A server maintenance at 7 pm EST. I just hope my profile isn't gone when it comes back up in "2 hours".

Anyone else get logged off?
    7pm EST is 4pm here where palm is located in california.
  3.    #3  
    Even more so that it wasn't a planned maintenance.
  4.    #4  
    So, just to wrap this up and ask the community for a little direction.

I guess HPalm got the server replaced/fixed last night and I was able to sign back into my profile after resetting my password. I'm sure you are all aware that my phone lost a large majority of the data on it.

Some weird things though....I backup my profile to gmail so my contacts are (mostly) safe. But all my apps needed to be reinstalled and I lost all my memos, etc. BUT, I still had a lot of patches present as well as MP3s, the developer mode icon is still there, etc.

I guess my question is, how does a server going down in CA effect the data present on my phone and what is the best FULL backup solution for my pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiler View Post
    Was browsing the app catalog and was logged off my Palm Profile and had to reboot. My email and pass wouldn't work. I called WPalm and was told the was a "server maintenance". Ummm, yeah. A server maintenance at 7 pm EST. I just hope my profile isn't gone when it comes back up in "2 hours".

Anyone else get logged off?

It happened to me too.
  6.    #6  
    Did you call Palm? I called and complained about why should all the apps reinstall if and overwrite the exiting data (causing me to lose all my save games and data within apps) if I am signing into the same hardware with the same profile. I didn't tell it to wipe anything in the process either.

I have Tier III calling me back on Monday. I know they won't provide any compensation but they need to know this is unacceptable.
    I had problems with the App catalog yesterday. i didnt get logged off or anything. I just had some failed downloads. A little bit later, I tried again and it was working.
    Regular use of Save/Restore may help offset this if it happens again.
    Did you call Palm? I called and complained about why should all the apps reinstall if and overwrite the exiting data (causing me to lose all my save games and data within apps) if I am signing into the same hardware with the same profile. I didn't tell it to wipe anything in the process either.

I have Tier III calling me back on Monday. I know they won't provide any compensation but they need to know this is unacceptable.
    I didnt call palm because I was in bed to take a nap before work (I work graveyard/overnight shift). When I woke up I saw that all my app catalog apps were reinstalled, etc. I was wondering about patches, but I noticed my top line patches (batery %, etc) were still there, which seemed weird to me.

After work I reinstalled Preware and tried to reinstall my "saved package list", but it didn't work. The only items that showed up in my "saved package list" were Preware, ToDo Classic, WootOn! and several dozen "this is a webOS application"s. I tried the "Emergency Patch Recovery" and "Emergency Patch Installer" and they told me I didn't have any patches installed, but I know I do. Anyway, after all that I've decided to just Doctor it and hope for the best.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I got booted too while browsing the app store yesterday. After the forced reset my device needed a complete re-install and setting of all apps. Patches and UK were still present though. Save/Restore helps but still this should not happen.
    I guess my question is, how does a server going down in CA effect the data present on my phone and what is the best FULL backup solution for my pre?
    Isn't there an application developed by Jason Canuck or someone that backs up your whole phone? I swear there is but I can't find it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Isn't there an application developed by Jason Canuck or someone that backs up your whole phone? I swear there is but I can't find it.
    Meta Doctor, by Rod Whitby

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Meta Doctor, by Rod Whitby

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ahhh. Thank you even though it's a little late for me.
    The server changes was a planned change that was made. The changes being made should not have affected any user experience (however as you can see here it has affected a small subset of users). I do want to state it wasn't a server failure, it wasn't a server problem it was simply a maintenance update as we prepare for future devices and further enhancements we will be making down the road.

I can say that I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and if you are missing any data that does get backed up to our servers we can assist in any retrieval, however if you have lost data that we don't back up (e.g. saved game data) unfortunately there is no further action we can take from our part.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 04/19/2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Happened to me too, around the same time. I was out of service over the next 3 days so essentially my AT&T Pre Plus was a brick (after it forces a reboot and wipes the phone, it gets stuck in first use at "Setting Language" if you don't have service).

I'm still recovering. To give people a feel for how painful this is: lost data includes my call history, messaging history, keyring passwords, mode switcher configs, bfgmaps bookmarks, angry birds saves, classic, drPodder subscriptions and downloads... basically anything not in select /media/internal places or Palm profile backups.

Also, the forced wipe left several patches installed, but Preware doesn't show them. So I have a device in a chaotic half-patched state and need to doctor it.

I should have stayed with the Treo 650
  16.    #16  
    I spoke with someone from Palm today (tier II or III support) and he's gonna give me a call back tomorrow. We'll see. I already know what data I had on there is pretty much gone and the palm guy asked if I tried to contact any of the devs, which I didn't.

Lesson learned? Backup often.