1.    #1  
    Ok, I am starting a blog to try to document some of the diy projects I do all of the time. I am sure many of them will be about the palm pre. I am wondering if anyone has mostly used their pre for this kind of thing and if they had any tips on how to use the pre for blogging, thanks in advance. Im adding a link to the site hoping someone can point me in the right direction.DIYguy
    Great idea. Did you talk to Tim Stifler-Dean? He did a project to use only a Pre (no other computer) for a month, and he wrote about it. In fact, I think he has an app in the catalog that contains the stuff he wrote for/during/about that project...
  3.    #3  
    Ill have to check that out cantaffordit. Another question I have is how do I make the site pre friendly when its viewed on the pre?
    The best way to be friendly is to create a webOS app for it...

And for other mobile devices, check out m.precentral.net to see how this site does things.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you cantaffordit. I have a feeling this is going to take me alot of time and patience but it will be worth it. I checked out Tim Stifler-Dean's blog and he has got an awesome looking blog. I hope I will be able to get mine looking that good.
  6.    #6  
    I think one of the biggest things to help with the way the site is seen on a mobile phone is to get rid of big pics and backgrounds. Right now I am having a tough time loading the site on my phone. If anyone has any links tips or tricks please let me know. Total newb here.
    Actually, Wordpress has many plug-ins for mobile devices, including administration as well as viewing. Specifically:
    WPhone (for administration/mobile entries)
    WordPress Mobile (for displaying your blog for mobile users)
    dotMobi WordPress Mobile Pack (both)
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  8.    #8  
    well dang rickneff, maybe I should have went with wordpress instead of google? I am wondering if google has any of those type plug-ins? Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    Ok, I am starting a blog to try to document some of the diy projects I do all of the time. I am sure many of them will be about the palm pre. I am wondering if anyone has mostly used their pre for this kind of thing and if they had any tips on how to use the pre for blogging, thanks in advance. Im adding a link to the site hoping someone can point me in the right direction.DIYguy
    This article should help you out.

Case Study: webOS as a Blogger's Friend | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
  10.    #10  
    Thank you smartfah! I cant wait to get the ball rolling on this. Im going to try to do lots of projects on webos as well.
    also talk with @jenniferperdomo on twitter and check out her blog MiniTakes | MiniTakes she does most if not everything from her pre
    also i host my own site and use the wordpress software (more than what you get with a free wordpress.com site) and it is very easy to get a wordpress site up and running and managed using all of the tools that RickNeff mentioned along with poster for online/offline blogging. I've just let my site go pretty stale over the past couple years.
  13.    #13  
    yeah the biggest thing for me is for it to be as cheap as possible, pref free b/c... well... I have no money :0)
    I'd also suggest Wordpress.org if you host your own server. It's very powerful and pretty easy to use, even with a mobile device. The downside is installation and the cost of getting hosting. Although 1&1 is pretty cheap and runs 6-mo. free promos (although there is a setup charge, so it's not really free.) If you ever decide to host with 1&1, or with GoDaddy even, I do have referral codes if you're interested.

However, if you use the free wordpress.com, it will provide the option for mobile devices to read the blog, using the WPtouch plug-in, but it displays ads. Additionally, there is m.wordpress.com to administer/write from a mobile browser.

I've never really spent much time at Google's Blogger site, so I'm unaware of what their options are. But, is it really a big deal to use Wordpress.com instead if they're both free?
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

In case you're wondering what Wordpress.com looks like on a mobile device, you can visit my little techblog at: Richard's TechBlog | A tech blog with some tips & tricks on both the Pre and your computer. There is a difference between the two devices and you'll notice there are ads in the mobile version.
    Richard Neff

16.    #16  
    rickneff that blog looks great. I am trying out wordpress right now and it seems to have way more options than the google site. I wish I didnt have such a hard time picking things :0)
    Thanks for the kind words about my little blog!

I also was more impressed with the features of Wordpress.com over others. Of course, I'm quite biased towards it anyway, since I've set up Wordpress (using the code from wordpress.org) for my wife's blogs and domains.

All those options can be overwhelming at first, but there are many excellent resources out there. For example:
    Learn WordPress.com Tutorial one cool site
    http://www.delphis-intl.com/document...e_Tutorial.pdf
    Richard Neff

18.    #18  
    those are good links. As of right now I'm still using blogger as my main blog mainly because it's more newb friendly :0)
  19.    #19  
    Ok I have an update on trying to get the blog to look somewhat ok on my pre, blogspot has a setting for mobile devices so I set that up but it still looks like crap on my pre. I dont have any other phone to test the site on though. Will someone with a phone that is non webOS help me out. Respond back with what you are using and if the site automatically went into "mobile" mode. I havent had much time to work on the site so dont knock me on the crapy content. :0)
    Still looking for help with this? I'll be glad to lend a hand.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~