1.    #1  
    As the weeks goes by I found myself often at times confused,and frustrated.

You have

the Pre 2
    the Veer
    the Pre 3
    the slab (although not official)

what's hpalms plan for all these devices?Are they hoping to make some money back because they already had the pre 2 in inventory? Or are they going the android route with a wave of devices? If it's the latter then it would makes sense to have all these devices in different form factors.Has anybody asked this question concerning Hpalms plans with all these phones? Which one will be their flagship device? Will they just launch a different device for each carrier with each having a more or less powerful device?
    Pre 2 is current flagship.
    Veer is entry level smartphone.
    Pre 3 is future flagship.
    "stingray" the future future flagship.
    TouchPad is for tablet market.

As for what HP has in store, I have no clue. The way they are rolling out these phones seem to be under the same ret@rded management of Palm. By the time these "flagship" phones are released..they will be obsolete with the competition spec wise. But of course, the interface will still be one of the best. My main fuss is 4G-less.

I find it funny that they announce their new upcoming phones around the same time their "flagship" phone is released..sad.sad.sad.
    The Pre 3 and the Stingray will both be their flagship devices. And I believe HP is going to try to flood the market.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post

As for what HP has in store, I have no clue. The way they are rolling out these phones seem to be under the same ret@rded management of Palm. By the time these "flagship" phones are released..they will be obsolete with the competition spec wise. But of course, the interface will still be one of the best. My main fuss is 4G-less.

I find it funny that they announce their new upcoming phones around the same time their "flagship" phone is released..sad.sad.sad.
    That's what makes me confused.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    The Pre 3 and the Stingray will both be their flagship devices. And I believe HP is going to try to flood the market.
    This would make more sense then having so many devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post

I find it funny we're even discussing HP having a flagship phone.

What's HTC's flagship phone? So many brands, i couldn't tell you. Do they even need one?

HP's flagship, heck, lone representative really, is the Pre 2. That's their flagship, only phone, and everything rolled into one. But let's be honest, this phone isn't even seen in stores hardly. It's old news.

Guess what replaces that this spring? The Veer. Again, this becomes the flagship, only webOS device, etc. You can't sit and say this is a niche phone when there's no other devices out there. It would be their only phone. (memo to HP..don't release tiny niche phones before your main one).

So basically saying, HP's flagship is the current phone out. There will be an awkward period where the Veer will indeed be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    HP is probably in no position to offer the same device on multiple carriers. There are too many smartphones out there and HP has too little market share. They are probably going to have to offer exclusives on various devices in order to get the carriers to offer them.
    The more carriers, the worse the experience is. Look at apple going with a cdma iphone. This is just one form factor, iphone. Already we're seeing no updates for it and an uneven experience for apple customers.

Apple, imo, has all it can handle getting iOS 5 ready for both these phones, an iphone 5, and both ipads.

HP has a tall order supporting an ill advised Veer (gsm), Pre 3 (cdma & gsm), and touchpad with webOS 3. I'm not sure i'd be in a rush for multiple carriers. GSM is obvious which makes AT&T obvious. They could stop there. Focus on AT&T. Get some HP stores within a store going.

This is basically the beginning point for HP. Get the kinks worked out before trying to rule the world.
    Didn't Android just start out slow with a few clunky devices, and then spread themselves out over many carriers with better and better devices?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    HP is probably in no position to offer the same device on multiple carriers. There are too many smartphones out there and HP has too little market share. They are probably going to have to offer exclusives on various devices in order to get the carriers to offer them.
    Why haven't they said that's what they want to do?!
    I know they won't announce carriers or a precise launch date yet but c'mon! They could tell us this product roadmap.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    Why haven't they said that's what they want to do?!
    I know they won't announce carriers or a precise launch date yet but c'mon! They could tell us this product roadmap.
    unless they have no idea themselves....
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    HP's flagship, heck, lone representative really, is the Pre 2. That's their flagship, only phone, and everything rolled into one. But let's be honest, this phone isn't even seen in stores hardly. It's old news.

Guess what replaces that this spring? The Veer. Again, this becomes the flagship, only webOS device, etc. You can't sit and say this is a niche phone when there's no other devices out there. It would be their only phone. (memo to HP..don't release tiny niche phones before your main one).
    Abso-freakin'-lutely.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    And I believe HP is going to try to flood the market.
    The WebOS market perhaps, but you can't possibly mean the entire smartphone market? Even Apple have more devices available than HP!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Abso-freakin'-lutely.
    That had me confused too... why not get the pre3 out in spring.. and launch the veer in the "summer" with TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    That had me confused too... why not get the pre3 out in spring.. and launch the veer in the "summer" with TP?
    Even if they launched the Pre 3 earlier than the Veer (which won't happen), I can't see them launching a huge consumer marketing push for what they've aimed at "prosumers" or business users and have called a "workhorse."

Will the marketing come for the Veer then which they'll consider their only consumer phone? And it's safe to guess it will be AT&T only. I don't see it happening. If only it didn't look like the Pre which bombed already. A Pixi form factor would have been the safer choice.

My guess is they'll push the Touchpad hard. These two phones will be relatively quiet launches, IMO. Perhaps we'll see HP attack the smartphone market more aggressively with slabs..who knows?
    HP already had smartphones like the HP iPAQ Glisten before they bought palm out...you don't see them in stores which has been my fears lately...HP thinks because they are a household name the phones will sell themselfs
    Do we know how firm the Stingray is? My wife saw the Picture of it and flipped... She already wants one. I just do want to get her hopes up or down without real knowledge
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?