Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    No. 11: Palm Treo 700p

13 Ugliest Phones of the Mobile Era
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    First I can't believe they left of the N-GAGE (aka "side talkin") from a list of ugliest phones??

Second, this quote on the Moto Flipout made me LOL.

Is there a demon whispering "make it square" in the ear of phone designers? Even the new Motorola couldn't resist the temptation.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?

I suspect that the same 13 spots would appear quite different for every single person whos every held a variety of phones in their hands..

Useless article, IMO.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    i had a 3650 i liked it, but it was a lot of plastic for sure.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Funny opinion piece, but yeah, I don't agree with a lot of them either. LCGuy is pretty much completely right.

And a lot of those are "look how stupid old tech looked" - while relatively current handsets can also be totally ugly. No hunchback Droid X?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    And a lot of those are "look how stupid old tech looked" - while relatively current handsets can also be totally ugly. No hunchback Droid X?
    Totally agree.
    Seriously how ugly is 12 and 13 clam shells? They have uglier phones now.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I don't think the author went back far enough. Where are these on the list?
    http://markdroberts.com/images/cell-phone-old-big-4.jpg
    http://markdroberts.com/images/cell-phone-old-big-4.jpg
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Aw come on LCGuy, the guy was just having a little fun. I would add the Motorola Charm to the list, another current and truly ugly piece of equipment.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Ok...pop quiz. What cellphone\smartphone have you seen that seriously made you go WT*?? when you saw it?

For me Nokia has definitely topped my list and one in particular was a "texting" phone (don't know the model) that opened "spread eagle" and had 1/2 the keyboard on one side of the phone and 1/2 on the other. I swear it looked like a reject prop from StarTrek or something! lol.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    i had a 3650 i liked it, but it was a lot of plastic for sure.
    Lol same here! My first smartphone. The article is kinda harsh, I didn't actually think any of them are ugly!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Ok...pop quiz. What cellphone\smartphone have you seen that seriously made you go WT*?? when you saw it?

For me Nokia has definitely topped my list and one in particular was a "texting" phone (don't know the model) that opened "spread eagle" and had 1/2 the keyboard on one side of the phone and 1/2 on the other. I swear it looked like a reject prop from StarTrek or something! lol.
    Ha you thinking of this:

http://www.mphone.co.uk/nokia/images..._6800_open.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Lol same here! My first smartphone. The article is kinda harsh, I didn't actually think any of them are ugly!!
    Ha you thinking of this:

http://www.mphone.co.uk/nokia/images..._6800_open.jpg
    LOL!! Yep, that's the one! I mean O_o. Really gotta "double u-tee-eff" on that thing! xD

I belieeeeeve you're talking about THIS phone. This guy seems to LOVE it. Hilarious article, really:
    The iPhone is a piece of ****, and so is your face.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    LOL!! Yep, that's the one! I mean O_o. Really gotta "double u-tee-eff" on that thing! xD

Ha I was a teenager when it came out and I thought it was genius at the time!!
    I, too, wanted to get that phone because of the big keyboard. Still think the idea is kinda nifty although I won't buy any more phones whose keyboard I can't use with one hand. Portrait keyboard ftw