1.    #1  
    Yesterday my TREO 180 crashed and since then the phone cannot logon to the network. Reset didn't help. Hard reset didn't held either.

What can I do? Any hints?
    Thanks
    run a search on this board for resetradio and try running that. Is it the base treo 180 ROM or did you install the GPRS updates?
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  3.    #3  
    I will try to do that.

I had already installed the GPRS update and it worked great. This happened about a week after the update, so I don't think it is related.

Alex
  4.    #4  
    Maybe it is because the Treo already has GPRS installed. When I launch the ResedRadio app there is a severe error.

Anything else I could do?

Thanx

Alex
    I beleive from reading through other threads that the radio reset patch was implemented in the gprs upgrade and will no longer work by itself if you've already ran the 1.1 upgrade.
    After I installed the GPRS 1.1 update i tried to connect to GPRS and my treo locked up. After I reset my treo wouldn't connect to cingular. I spent several hours with MNSTR trying to get it back up and going. I ended up having to reflash my ROM with the original 270 ROM and call HS and have them send me a new one.

Check out my thread on

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=27668

I never waited long enought to try to see if letting the battery run completely out fixed the problem.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  7.    #7  
    Well, I completely drained the battery (by letting the Book "Piloting Palm" run all day with the backlight on). Two hours after the Treo shut down all data was gone and the phone worked again. The GPRS patch was still there.

I am a big fan of the TREO (and Handspring), but I have to admit it is quite scary that all data was gone just two hours after the TREO shut down. They advertise the data stay there for a few days.

Oh well, back in the game.

Best regards to everyone,

Alex (Munich / Germany)
    My Treo went dead too. I updated it to GPRS 1.1 a week ago and it was running well till last night when my kid was playing some game and the system starts to crash.

After 2 rounds of crashes, the phone signal is gone.

I read what Justdoitalex did, I too tried it and my Treo is back up and running again. I did not wait for the battery to drain. Instead, I open up the Treo and disconnect the battery connector (desperate move). Actually, the procedure isn't that difficult.

Just have to remove the 4 screws at the back and gently flip open the back cover (have a few clips, common design). Pull the battery connector and reconnect after a few seconds. That all it takes.
    HS
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by LEE HS
    Instead, I open up the Treo and disconnect the battery connector (desperate move). Actually, the procedure isn't that difficult.

Just have to remove the 4 screws at the back and gently flip open the back cover (have a few clips, common design). Pull the battery connector and reconnect after a few seconds. That all it takes.
    Not even that worked for me <sigh>.

It's dead Jim.

Danita