1.    #1  
    so I keep reading around here that hp is supposed to announce more form factors beyond the veer and pre 3. Is there a date for an event for this? We think there will be a slab form factor. I'm pretty sure my next phone will b a slab come november when my contracts up. Don't know if hp can get a slab phone rolled out by then
    There's never been talk about this from HP/Palm and Ruby didn't elude to anything at all when asked about this in his Engadget interview. They haven't even released the new phones we know about yet... a slab device isn't on the table for the near future at this moment. But no one knows what they have up their sleeves for the future devices. The upcoming Veer and Pre3 devices were in the chamber already when HP took over. We'll have to wait and see what HP does with the next devices now that the chambers have been cleared.
  3.    #3  
    "the upcoming veer and pre3 devices were in the chamber already when hp took over"

we really think so? This is the excuse we gave the pre 2, and at that point we said "just wait to see what hp will do, cause the next devices will be hp's baby...with all that money!"

just wish they would have a slab in 2011 to compete, and for me to compare to everything else o well
    All devices don't have to have the exact same form factor to compete. It would be a rather boring marketplace if everything was the same form (all cars were 4 door, all motorcycles had the same look, all televisions were square and black, all home telephones had the same form, etc). That's what makes a market work - choices. If you don't like a slider, there are companies who offer slabs.

Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    "the upcoming veer and pre3 devices were in the chamber already when hp took over"

we really think so? This is the excuse we gave the pre 2, and at that point we said "just wait to see what hp will do, cause the next devices will be hp's baby...with all that money!"
    Yes, that's what members of the community said.. not what HP or Palm said. HP took over and pretty much pulled the trigger on what Palm had in the chamber to get those devices out. From this point forward, I wouldn't have any idea or guess as to what HP has in mind. When it was just Palm by themselves, they said they wouldn't release a slate device because they felt keyboards were the best form factor. But with HP now holding the reigns, who knows if they will move away from that mindset for a couple devices to see how the market reacts. It's going to be an interesting time to watch and see what they do though.
  5.    #5  
    By compete i mean compete for my business. I want a skinnier phone.
    <<thread cleansed>>

Take it or leave it... my source is a conversation I had in SF at the Think Beyond event with someone who was "in the know". My comments are just my own from my sources.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/04/2011 at 02:49 AM.