1.    #1  
    Every time I want to use the jog button to do something, it seems ineffective.

The whole deal is: There are things you can do with the lid closed, and things you have to open the lid for...

The lame jog functionality means many tasks you could complete without ever opening the lid require you to open the lid to reach a soft button or the keypad.

I take it jog functionality is determined by application / developer?

Should I hold out for a fix hack, or just choose my apps by jog dial support?

Matt
    Originally posted by u00mem9
    Every time I want to use the jog button to do something, it seems ineffective.

The whole deal is: There are things you can do with the lid closed, and things you have to open the lid for...

The lame jog functionality means many tasks you could complete without ever opening the lid require you to open the lid to reach a soft button or the keypad.

I take it jog functionality is determined by application / developer?

Should I hold out for a fix hack, or just choose my apps by jog dial support?

Matt
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?sid=45472820020826053032&prodID=40142
    Yep, 'KRamsauer' is right on the mark. PowerJog is the business. I use it for everything from powering off and locking, launching any app, even turning on the backlight and dropping down menus (yep, it even handles DA's).

A neat feature of PowerJog (which I haven't seen anywhere else) is the ability to virtually 'click' an on-screen button. Say you want to create and send an SMS. With PJ, you can open the SMS app, select a name from the dropdown list, launch a boilerplate and 'send' it without the stylus or keyboard. All done from the JogDial

Neato
    ps. helps if you use a lot of boilers which I do so it works for me.