1.    #1  
    Hi, just wondering if anybody from singapore...need some info on our isp for faxing and gprs
    Yep, I'm from Singapore on M1. What do you need?
  3.    #3  
    M1, that's great!
    how's the gprs working for u? and did you have to download the patch? where did you purchase your phone from? did you get the 270? any problems with faxes and emails?
    I bought my phone (180) from Singtel, but used my M1 sim card i it. No problems. This was in Feb, so yes, I did have to upgrade using the patch and I have had no problems accessing gprs through M1. I upgraded first to grps 1.0, then 1.1. both no problems.

No problems with email but I never tried the fax, because it's a value added service, and you need to pay M1 monthly for this service which I do not need. But there's no reason to think the fax won't work, although you will need thirdy party software for fax application.

Justin
  5.    #5  
    haha, that's cool, me too, bought from st and using m1 line....st's the only one that has handspring products anyway, i'm updating the gprs as we speak, i hope it automatic....
    will let you know, cheers!
    Originally posted by tuen
    I bought my phone (180) from Singtel, but used my M1 sim card i it. No problems. This was in Feb, so yes, I did have to upgrade using the patch and I have had no problems accessing gprs through M1. I upgraded first to grps 1.0, then 1.1. both no problems.

No problems with email but I never tried the fax, because it's a value added service, and you need to pay M1 monthly for this service which I do not need. But there's no reason to think the fax won't work, although you will need thirdy party software for fax application.

Justin
    Two days ago, I checked with M1 Service Centre at Pargo Bugis Junction and they told me they do not have the Treo in their list of mobile phones setting for GPRS.

How did you configure your Treo for GPRS, Justin? Hope you can share your experience with me. Thanks.

I sent fax from my Treo 180g successfully after installing MarkSpace Fax for Palm program. ( Download at www.markspace.com ). Must activate the EFax service at M1 registration fee $10; monthly subscription $5 and 10 cents per minute for using EFax. However, Treo cannot receive fax
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
    Originally posted by Timbuktu

Two days ago, I checked with M1 Service Centre at Pargo Bugis Junction and they told me they do not have the Treo in their list of mobile phones setting for GPRS.

How did you configure your Treo for GPRS, Justin? Hope you can share your experience with me. Thanks.

I sent fax from my Treo 180g successfully after installing MarkSpace Fax for Palm program. ( Download at www.markspace.com ). Must activate the EFax service at M1 registration fee $10; monthly subscription $5 and 10 cents per minute for using EFax. However, Treo cannot receive fax
    Configuring for M1 GPRS is straightforward. Use these settings under the preferences screen:

Service: Any name you want here, to identify M1
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: 65xxxxxxxx (your m1 mobile number here)
    Password: user123
    APN: mobilenet

That's it. Leave everything else as the default values and you should be able to connect. Of course, you need to make sure you are subscribed to gprs service which is free under M1.