Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    HP wasted 60 seconds saying that it has nothing to say.
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    These aren't product commercials, they're image commercials. These commercials aren't meant to make people go buy a product, they're meant to make people associate a certain image with the brand name.

Big companies do image campaigns like these all the time to acquaint the public with new slogans and to "set the mood": As a wild example, .
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    These aren't product commercials, they're image commercials. These commercials aren't meant to make people go buy a product, they're meant to make people associate a certain image with the brand name.

Big companies do image campaigns like these all the time to acquaint the public with new slogans and to "set the mood": As a wild example, .
    It was a blur. The kind of thing you forget 1 second after you see it.
    They need a symbol, perhaps a pear since it seems Webos is associated with green LOL
    HTC ones are good. Always thought they were a good branding commercial ever since I saw the first one on TV

the point is to showcase that the company's products have relevance to your life. not to advertise a specific product for you to go buy.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    seems like a early 90's tech commercial lol
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

But "everybody on" isn't a good slogan, and the campaign is not well done. Nobody is going to remember this commercial in two years, let alone twenty.

Apple's Think Different ad is a perfect example of an image commercial. It's an ode to genius. HP's commercial spouts some nonsense about "passion." HTC's commercial speaks directly to the viewer/user. Every scene shows someone using an HTC phone. HP's commercial doesn't show any HP products until 47 seconds in. It's not even clear that it's an HP commercial until 46 seconds in.

I'm not against image commercials, but I am against this image commercial.

Sinsin07 said it well:
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
  7.    #27  

Good point : Image commercials and also can be used for persons, institutions etc.
    Everything is a catastrophic failure on this forum.
    HP doesn't advertise - they gonna kill webOS dead like VoodooPC, you just wait! Apotheker's gonna turn HP into an enterprise-only enterprise without consumer offerings!
    HP starts an image campaign aimed at twentysomething consumers - well it ain't good enough none, they didn't tell me that I must buy a HP to feel like Gandhi or Einstein / that I can feel like Gandhi or Einstein if I buy a HP!

Is "everybody on" as memorable, iconic, pretentious, or arrogant as "think different"? Definitely none of the four, but the situation is madly different: HP is trying to be considered hip despite being ubiquitous. HP makes printers, PCs, smartphones, toasters coming soon: they're everywhere and they'll bring "everybody on".

Apple, when they launched "think different", were trying to monetize on their failure in the marketplace - well if nobody buys our product, we're better than everyone else because we're different, and people don't buy us because we're marginalized, misunderstood, one-off geniuses like Gandhi and Einstein. Nowadays everybody seems to be thinking different the same way ^^

Not the kind of thing you still talk about after more than a month? Because I could *swear* we're all still talking about it after more than a month

I doubt that HTC, for instance, had people talking about their commercial for as long, even if they did show glimpses of products in it. Even on HTC forums. Oh and: showing glimpses of products in an image campaign isn't advertising those products. AT ALL.
    I preferred the mid February Anthem. (which the YouTube commentariat hated almost to a nerd, split evenly between "what's this terrible song?" and "how could they butcher such an iconic song"). That's still the lead-of on the HP Channel, with ms Keys as one of the supporting acts.

But I think you need to judge the whole campaign, not individual components. Any thoughts on the stuff on the HP Channel as a whole?
    Is "everybody on" as memorable, iconic, pretentious, or arrogant as "think different"?
    I can see how you would say that being that you are on the low end side of the market (for now).

Not the kind of thing you still talk about after more than a month? Because I could *swear* we're all still talking about it after more than a month
    Desperation breeds fantasy.
    I can see how you would say that being that you are on the low end side of the market (for now).
    This makes no sense beyond "nyah nyah my phone is newer than yours, nyah nyah!"

I said that HP's slogan isn't as memorable and iconic as "Think Different". Are you denying this?
    Or was your problem with the "arrogant and pretentious" bit? Yeah, that was born from pure envy on my side. In the eyes of all non-envious (i.e. non-Palm) people, Apple is totally on the level of Gandhi. Actually, who IS that Gandhi character again? Was he the one who invented the revolutionary Retina Display??

Desperation breeds fantasy.
    What fantasy? We are still talking about "Everybody On" more than a month after the slogan was introduced, or aren't we? Mayhap this thread is just a figment of my desparate imagination?
    Bad PRPRPR $is$ $good$ $PR$. No PRPRPR $is$ $bad$ $PR$.
    But these are just the ramblings of a man in SUCH a deep state of despair that he's still happy with his Pre even though other people have already bought newer phones. Can't take people who don't buy a new phone every half-year serious. They'll say the damndest things.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    We are still talking about "Everybody On" more than a month after the slogan was introduced, or aren't we?
    Yes, but we're on PreCentral, and we're talking about a new ad.
    This makes no sense beyond "nyah nyah my phone is newer than yours, nyah nyah!"

I said that HP's slogan isn't as memorable and iconic as "Think Different". Are you denying this?
    Or was your problem with the "arrogant and pretentious" bit? Yeah, that was born from pure envy on my side. In the eyes of all non-envious (i.e. non-Palm) people, Apple is totally on the level of Gandhi. Actually, who IS that Gandhi character again? Was he the one who invented the revolutionary Retina Display??

What fantasy? We are still talking about "Everybody On" more than a month after the slogan was introduced, or aren't we? Mayhap this thread is just a figment of my desparate imagination?
    Bad PRPRPR $is$ $good$ $PR$. No PRPRPR $is$ $bad$ $PR$.
    But these are just the ramblings of a man in SUCH a deep state of despair that he's still happy with his Pre even though other people have already bought newer phones. Can't take people who don't buy a new phone every half-year serious. They'll say the damndest things.
    All I will say on this matter is I'm happy you're happy.
    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12