Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    and damn..is hp just sitting on their hands? Even though the evo 3D might be a gimmick now the specs and step in that direction is a step in innovation. All I hear that's eye opening on the pre 3 is 1.2 ghz, and well webOS is amazing but still lacking. At least release the damn phone or talk about it..
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Would love a Pre 3. Badly. But knowing Sprint, it will be Android only and I'll be sporting a Nexus S 4G.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Would love a Pre 3. Badly. But knowing Sprint, it will be Android only and I'll be sporting a Nexus S 4G.
    Same boat. I want a Pre3, but I've looked around at other carriers. AT&T is close in price; but I'd rather stay and Verizon is great, but way too expensive.

So unless Sprint carries the Pre3, I might get the EVO 3D or Nexus S 4G.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    so exactly what are benefits for palm in not giving out any information. I really don't want to get stuck in a new contract on the wrong carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Same boat. I want a Pre3, but I've looked around at other carriers. AT&T is close in price; but I'd rather stay and Verizon is great, but way too expensive.

Same
    <thread moved>
    Just for the record, the Pre 3 is 1.4 GHz.

It has a front facing camera.

Better battery than the Pre-(1230 vs 1150)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm all for the pre 3, but with htc coming out with their 3D phone with a dual core 1.2 ghz, 4.3 inch 3D screen 3D capable pictures, videos, apps, front facing camera, and all along with the name evo backing it up as a powerhouse don't you think people will say, "screw that phone, sure it can multitask, but damn look at that new evo!"
    3D would be bottom of my wish-list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    ...don't you think people will say, "screw that phone, sure it can multitask, but damn look at that new evo!"
    Luckily, the new EVO (and all other Android phones) multitasks as well so you give up nothing when switching.
    I still want the Pre 3. Sure it doesn't have 1gb of ram and doesn't have a dual core processor, but then look at the HTC EVO View. It has a 1.5ghz single core processor if I remember correctly, and I haven't been able to check but I bet it's the same the Pre 3 has (just clocked higher). Plus the Pre 3 has a keyboard. But if Pre 3 no show on sprint it is EVO3D for me.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Luckily, the new EVO (and all other Android phones) multitasks as well so you give up nothing when switching.
    You give up quite a bit when switching. Android "multitasking" is highly limited. It suspends apps in the background similar to Apple. Multitasking on Android is really just a list of recent used apps. Even Blackberry has had that feature for a long time.

Here is a good article describing Android vs Apple multitasking. http://davidquintana.com/entry/mobile-multitasking

WebOS's multi-tasking is the best out there, and combined with gestures, make it the best mobile OS from a usage standpoint. Now we just need better hardware and more apps!
    Last edited by cwgtex; 03/23/2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Personally, from my stand point, what sells a phone isn't just merely a multitasking ability, which is the best. Its the fact that it has 150k apps to back it up. The majority of apps on Pre are from homedev. which are prob 80% of everyones apps. Dataviz promised us a word editing map and they jumped shipped, and what other company have you seen worked on getting an app on webos instead of the top 2(ios and android). But its a tough decision for a lot of us to either be loyal and get the pre3 and hope for dev. support or jump over to the newest thing which is the evo3d which by the specs is a beast in the mobile world.
    Android doesn't multitask as well as webOS... Also, 1.2GHz on Pre3??? No, it's 1.4 which I still have not seen rivaled.

Atrix is dual core 1GHz and feels sluggish to me. When docked it's molasses. And with all that, it's "the most powerful phone".... Lol

WP7 has some sweet stuff going on, but I can't stand the home screen full of blue squares.

webOS is just fluid on the Pre2... Can't be worse on Pre3.

And as far as app cat size, I've yet to see an app worth switching for. Granted I'm not a typical user. I need tethering, check. I need to have bank access, check (USAA mobile does everything I need). I want a beer Knurd app (The Pre has the best version of any phone ) I want a phone, text msg, weather teller device, calculator, web browsing, MMO helper device and webOS does all that. Oh, forgot to mention that the app holes that I need filled, I've written an app for.

webOS on the Pre3 was a dream. Snappy and smooth like nothing else.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    dual core is nice but the software needs to be optimized. since most software are written for one core the pre3 may actually perform better with comparible apps.
    regardless i do not believe the pre3 is their last webos phone to be released this year. i do believe they will have another dual core touchscreen only 4.0 to 4.3 touch screen still to be released sometime in oct or nov.
    anyway at the end of the day HP is going after the user experience and software will play a much bigger role than just specs.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGsMiLeSKyLe View Post
    Personally, from my stand point, what sells a phone isn't just merely a multitasking ability, which is the best. Its the fact that it has 150k apps to back it up. The majority of apps on Pre are from homedev. which are prob 80% of everyones apps. Dataviz promised us a word editing map and they jumped shipped, and what other company have you seen worked on getting an app on webos instead of the top 2(ios and android). But its a tough decision for a lot of us to either be loyal and get the pre3 and hope for dev. support or jump over to the newest thing which is the evo3d which by the specs is a beast in the mobile world.
    Apps do sell, but what phone is best is an opinion. I think the epic 4G is better then then iPhone but u may think different.
    Originally Posted by krische

Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Same
    Me too , Nexus S for me. Any news as to when it will be released on Sprint?
    I need to have bank access, check (USAA mobile does everything I need).

My girl has a My Touch on Tmobile and her USAA app, you can use deposit at home by using the camera on her phone. I can't do that with my Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    3D would be bottom of my wish-list.
    3D is not even on my list. For me 3D is a fad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast