Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    3D is not even on my list. For me 3D is a fad.
    It's not a fad, it's just not good enough.

It's an intermediary until we can get true 3D like holograms or something. Or I guess until we can just plug a computer into our brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    It's not a fad, it's just not good enough.

It's an intermediary until we can get true 3D like holograms or something. Or I guess until we can just plug a computer into our brain.
    OK, the "current version of 3D is a fad" Better? ^^
    Ignore the 3D screen. I want the stereoscopic cameras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    I'm all for the pre 3, but with htc coming out with their 3D phone with a dual core 1.2 ghz, 4.3 inch 3D screen 3D capable pictures, videos, apps, front facing camera, and all along with the name evo backing it up as a powerhouse don't you think people will say, "screw that phone, sure it can multitask, but #$#$ look at that new evo!"
    Yep. You left out a few other cool features but you got the gist of it. I simply don't believe that webOS will ever be on hardware that I want.
    Just a matter of time before being banned - simply because I recognize that HP is killing WebOS.
    Enjoy holding your phone in the one sweet spot where the 3D effect is. You'll have to.
    Luckily you can turn the 3d off. you'll need to
    What makes the Evo 3D better than the Pre3? The both have 3s in the title? But in reality the Evo 3D has a daul core processor and a gimik 3D screen to go with it. Yes it is a good device but the Pre3 is also. Android need a dual core processor because it runs HTC Sense (a huge drain on processor usage), multiple apps, and the Android OS. A Dual Core processor does mean a 'faster' processor, it means a processor that is slowed down less by applications. WebOS has a faster processor and has less to process than Android.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    What makes the Evo 3D better than the Pre3? The both have 3s in the title? But in reality the Evo 3D has a daul core processor and a gimik 3D screen to go with it. Yes it is a good device but the Pre3 is also. Android need a dual core processor because it runs HTC Sense (a huge drain on processor usage), multiple apps, and the Android OS. A Dual Core processor does mean a 'faster' processor, it means a processor that is slowed down less by applications. WebOS has a faster processor and has less to process than Android.

What you consider gimmick may be useful to others.

The EVO 3D doesn't need dual core, It is future proofing itself with dual core. Something that HP has no intentions of during apparently with the single core Pre 3.

Android doesn't run HTC Sense. HTC Android and Windows Mobile devices run HTC Sense. Sense it is not a huge battery drain because I use to use sense on my Shift before I switched to CM7. I could get around 15 hrs of use before it asked me to plug it up.

I just don't understand that last part at all. Unless your saying webos takes less processing power to make the device run smoothly. If that's the case, then that's completely false. Just look at the Droid 1 and Pre. Both have the exact same internals. Droid 1 was smooth and fast while the Pre was slow and jittery.

/over

PS. Android doesn't need dual cores...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12