Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Just in from the CITA event. Nothing being mentioned about HP products on Sprint, was total EVO from the start.

    Mentioned the S briefly no Palm or HP stuff then hand-off to HTC guy - HTC day.
  2. #2  
    the HTC guy is part of sprint's presentation. Its not over...

    but your right I wouldnt suspect HP to be here... The Pre3 wouldnt be able to handle the pressure after this hardware reveal... Not that I have any want/need for a 3D phone, but the hype machine will be owned by the EVO....
  3.    #3  
    Yes, its all Evo all 3-D, all the time with Sprint today.

    Reminded of an old Honeymooners epsisode from the 50's -- Ralph explained why they didn't have a TV set....he was waiting for 3-D

    http://cnettv.cnet.com/honeymooners-...ml?id=50081522
  4. keeb119's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Yes, its all Evo all 3-D, all the time with Sprint today.

    Reminded of an old Honeymooners epsisode from the 50's -- Ralph explained why they didn't have a TV set....he was waiting for 3-D

    Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    now that clip was awesome. i dont see any need for a 3d phone, theres not really going to e any content for it, except maybe a couple of programs that can take full effect of it. unless it takes over. a 3d handheld gaming system, i can understand, a 3d phone, not so much. i wish theyd hurry up and announce who and date for the newest webos devices already, but if they want to keep us waiting, then so be it. but the specs do look a lot better then any webos device announced so far.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

    i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    a 3d handheld gaming system, i can understand, a 3d phone, not so much.
    The only way a 3d phone would work is if a whole lot of developers of 3d games signed up, and for the moment they're all tied up in Nintendo development. The only compelling uses for 3d from these phones right now are 3d youtube and 3d photos. Personally, for that I might as well keep my current phone and buy a 3DS, which would be cheaper than an off-contract phone.

    And I think it's better not to get your hopes up for an announcement from HP. You'll start expecting it, then get even more disappointed when it doesn't happen.
  6.    #6  
    The whole thread will probably get moved for comments like this, but darn if that phone and tablet don't look nice, watched the live stream where they were letting people play with both the tablet and the phone. For consumer devices, HTC has just pushed the bar higher. I think a lot of folks will flock to it for the 3-D photo and video even if that novelty eventually wears off. They both looked very fast and smooth

    To try to keep the thread on point, I don't see Sprint making any big HP announcement after this and, even if they eventually do carry the Pre3, I'm afraid its going to be sitting in a corner collecting dust as the sales reps take everyone to the evos.
  7. #7  
    Hey folks... there's a discussion about the EVO 3D device already taking place HERE. Please continue your discussion there if you wish. Please keep this thread on-topic.
    Thank you!
  8.    #8  
    Yes the point of this thread is the significance of no mention of any HP devices by Sprint at CITA which is, I think, fairly significant especially since the HTC devices had no pricing or availability date (no price and "sometime this summer for availability"). Many of the people holding out for a Sprint launch of the Pre3 have said Sprint might be waiting until they can give a firm date. Obviously that didn't bother them with the Evos
  9. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #9  
    Are there any other presentations either Wednesday or Thursday by Sprint or HP that might have even the smallest possibility of talking about the Pre3? I have it in my head that something might be coming out Thursday but I don't remember why.
  10. #10  
    who knows.... HP could do some event of their own upon the actual launch. Only time will tell....
  11. #11  
    Nothing new here. It's still too far from summer. I didn't expect Sprint to announce anything HP related at CTIA. No carriers in the United States have been announced.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Nothing new here. It's still too far from summer. I didn't expect Sprint to announce anything HP related at CTIA. No carriers in the United States have been announced.
    But it wasn't "too far from summer" for Sprint to announce the Evos which also don't have a firm date, just "this summer", so that is not the issue. If Sprint intended to carry the Pre at this point, the fact that it would not have it until summer is no reason for no announcement.

    The most likely reason for no announcement (and also the most likely reason why, very recently, Jon talked all about the touchpad without mentioning the pre3) is that no carriers at all have signed up to carry the pre3 as of now.

    Next watch date is, I think, Friday when Jon is on Engadget as I recall.
  13. #13  
    It'll have to be 99 bucks to sell... The Pre3..
  14. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #14  
    and drop to 50 after month -=X
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  15. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #15  
    honestly though if hp makes things right by making the pre 3 free or 50 after trade in of pre minus ill buy.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Nothing new here. It's still too far from summer. I didn't expect Sprint to announce anything HP related at CTIA. No carriers in the United States have been announced.
    Yet other manufacturers mentioned summer or late spring release dates, and had something to show for it. We simply don't have much of anything from HP. Even with a mid year release, other companies are doing better. At least with their more concrete dates and/or carrier availability.

    The Pre 3 is coming. Where? The TouchPad is coming. Who will handle the 3G versions? Also where will we be able to buy the wifi versions? Was a store even mentioned?

    Why does HP continue the vagueness of Palm? It does not make me personally want their products more, but just draws me to what I know will be available. Waiting for some vague product with a vague release date isn't appealing to me. I'm just speaking for myself though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. Tikkanen's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    The most likely reason for no announcement (and also the most likely reason why, very recently, Jon talked all about the touchpad without mentioning the pre3) is that no carriers at all have signed up to carry the pre3 as of now. Next watch date is, I think, Friday when Jon is on Engadget as I recall.
    Sprint Pre-minus owner here. I hope Engadget is tough on their questioning and pins Jon down on carriers and release date, and why any of us should wait seemingly in vain while showstopping phone after showstopping phone is released by others.
  18. #18  
    All this hype coming from Android really has me wondering why I should stick with Palm's PrPrPr&#$275$; $line$. $As$ $the$ $consumer$ $that$ $I$ $am$ $HP$ $should$ $be$ $giving$ $me$ $signs$ $of$ $life$ $and$ $showing$ $reasons$ $for$ $me$ $to$ $want$ $to$ $own$ $their$ $products$. $Instead$ $it$ $was$ $one$ $event$ $with$ $three$ $average$ $products$ $and$ $not$ $even$ $a$ $release$ $date$.

    HP needs to regain some of the spotlight back, they'd better start making more announcements soon if they want me as a customer. I speak for myself, but I know there are many other customers in a similar situation.
  19. #19  
    Starting to get used to no news
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    But it wasn't "too far from summer" for Sprint to announce the Evos which also don't have a firm date, just "this summer", so that is not the issue. If Sprint intended to carry the Pre at this point, the fact that it would not have it until summer is no reason for no announcement.

    The most likely reason for no announcement (and also the most likely reason why, very recently, Jon talked all about the touchpad without mentioning the pre3) is that no carriers at all have signed up to carry the pre3 as of now.

    Next watch date is, I think, Friday when Jon is on Engadget as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yet other manufacturers mentioned summer or late spring release dates, and had something to show for it. We simply don't have much of anything from HP. Even with a mid year release, other companies are doing better. At least with their more concrete dates and/or carrier availability.

    The Pre 3 is coming. Where? The TouchPad is coming. Who will handle the 3G versions? Also where will we be able to buy the wifi versions? Was a store even mentioned?

    Why does HP continue the vagueness of Palm? It does not make me personally want their products more, but just draws me to what I know will be available. Waiting for some vague product with a vague release date isn't appealing to me. I'm just speaking for myself though.
    HTC has a long history of leaks before product announcements. It's not surprising that Sprint announced the EVO 3D (that as shown by the video, is not ready for release as it locked up and had to be reset).

    This is Palm that we are referencing. Why is everyone surprised? They've continued to be secretive with their products by not leaking them, etc (I still don't understand why). I understand the sentiments here in this thread and I'm on the same boat with many of you (Launch day Pre- owner). It is very possible that carrier agreements have not been made as of today. It's also possible that HP hasn't made their agreements official as well. I want a firm date as well but until one occurs, I'm just going about my day as usual.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions