1.    #1  
    So I just figured out how to listen to my Google Voicemail on my Pre 2.

Most people know that the usual ways don't work with WebOS but if you have Flash installed then you can force your WebOS browser to use the desktop version which is Flash based and works great.

Bookmark this:
    https://www.google.com/voice?ui=desktop#inbox

Tap on the flash element and enjoy. It even highlights the words just like on the PC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That's a great bandaid tip, but pales in comparison to a native app that uses the built-in notification system.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    That's a great bandaid tip, but pales in comparison to a native app that uses the built-in notification system.
    You can get instant notification by email or text. The only thing missing was the ability to play the voicemail which due to Google's horrible transcription service is a necessity. I'm not really sure now that I can play the voicemail and access everything on the web what I'd be missing with an app except making Google Voice calls over VOIP like you can on a PC. I'd buy that app if someone made it. They have it for Android.
    App exists: Voogle
    Have you guys looked at Voogle or YouView?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Have you guys looked at Voogle or YouView?
    I use YouView but the the notifications are very iffy. I don't think it is the apps fault, but rather a problem with the youview service. But I have had many voicemails that did not show up on my phone for days.
  7.    #7  
    Voogle doesn't seem ready for prime time yet. It does not have notifications and people have reported a lot of issues ranging from weird text to being unable to listen to their voicemails due to some account issue which requires you to setup a new GV account.

Plus you never know when Google is going to change something on their servers that will end up making an app like Voogle break. That's what happened with gDial and others who gave up.
    Wouldn't this be possible on Sprint Pre's (even the 1.4.5 ones) when Sprint rolls out Google Voice integration?
    i just send myself an auto email from google voice and play the voicemail from the link. works for 1.x or 2.x
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Wouldn't this be possible on Sprint Pre's (even the 1.4.5 ones) when Sprint rolls out Google Voice integration?
    Far as I know this has nothing to do with accessing voicemail over a network connection. The Sprint/Google collaboration has to do with using your current Sprint number on your Sprint mobile to create a GV account without having to port it over to GV. There is no mention of any apps that would work with Sprint phones to access GV features.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i just send myself an auto email from google voice and play the voicemail from the link. works for 1.x or 2.x
    That may work for some people but others like me who get a lot of calls during the day is not a good option. For instance I have GV number for business along with my Sprint number using GV to pick up my voicemail. My email would quickly get cluttered up with GV voicemails, making it hard to manage.

Using the way I mentioned in my first post with GV set to remember me (so I don't have to logon each time I use the web on my phone) I have the bookmark on my launcher so it starts like an app and I'm instantly looking and listening to all my voicemails. Plus you have the power of Google search within the web app to find voicemails from people based on their name, phone number or words that they used in the transcriptions which you can't do in Voogle or WebOS email.

Email, Voogle all have their pro's and con's just like using the web app in this thread. You should try as many of them as you can and find the right one for you.
    Looks like Google Voice integration for Sprint will roll out next week. I look forward to using it.

Sprint, Google Voice integration gets April 26th launch date | BGR
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Looks like Google Voice integration for Sprint will roll out next week. I look forward to using it.

Sprint, Google Voice integration gets April 26th launch date | BGR
    Mine is active...got an email yesterday and just this morning activated it.

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ml#post2943266
    Just tried this out on my new Pre 2 and it works awesome... thanks! Was getting a little worried I'd have to bail on google voice for voicemail but this looks like it will do the trick.

Go WebOS and FLASH!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html