1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

So maybe I'm just totally missing it but I can't seem to find any way to type a carot (^) with the Treo keyboard.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks,
    Josh
    Type a "c" and then press the list key. It's in that menu.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

I hadn't yet looked under all the letters yet....

Does anyone know if the location of each character is documented anywhere? That would be a useful thing.

Josh
    Originally posted by joshuajestelle
    Thanks!

Does anyone know if the location of each character is documented anywhere? That would be a useful thing.

Josh
    A lot of them are actually intuitive. For instance all the money signs are under the dollar sign and in this example the carat was under c. The various right closing marks like }]> are all under the ) when you use the list key. The tilde is under the t and the dash. I think they did a good job of putting everything in the places in which you'll look for them.
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 10/08/2002 at 05:46 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Ahh yes.

I realized most of them were pretty intuitive... like { [ and ( all being under the same key, but I didn't make the mental jump that a carot would be found under c... I guess I just need to think a bit more like the Handspring design engineers.

=)

Thanks,
    Josh
    Originally posted by joshuajestelle
    Thanks!

Josh
    Attached is a JPG I created from pg. 31 & 32 of the User Guide. A folded printout fits nicely in the earbud pocket of the Treo case. Very handy for the occasionally non-intuitive characters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There should be a list of all characters built-in to your Treo. It's on the menu of any text entry screen under "keyboard help." Scroll to the bottom of the help document for the complete list.
    caret
    How do I type special characters and symbols with the Treo keyboard?

This article has a chart of the English key alternatives.
    Hahah, I couldn't find the carot myself. I found this thread, and was shocked to learn I had answered the question before. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    There should be a list of all characters built-in to your Treo. It's on the menu of any text entry screen under "keyboard help." Scroll to the bottom of the help document for the complete list.
    Never knew this. Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Seriously, it's spelled carEt, not carot or carat.
    Wow, I never knew that list was in there. I just recently started trying that alt key. I got hooked on fatfinger when I had my ky 7135. I still think its easier than using the alt key. http://www.avaion.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfhhllp
    Seriously, it's spelled carEt, not carot or carat.
    Cool. Thanks. Stupid is spelled "kurt."

(BTW, I'm Kurt)