Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    I would like Just Type on the pc. Web search, local search and quick actions with no search mode to enter into first. Let me search my private cloud too and perhaps even search my other connected devices from my pc running Just Type.
    To find content quickly on your PC, the first step is to keep the filenames and content indexed. Google Desktop Search came out in 2006 and can index content on your computer to include in your Google searches.

If your phone is attached to your computer as a disk drive that it can see, it will include your phone files in it's search results.

For instance if you search for a name, it will dig through your "personal cloud" files and emails as well as the internet.
    Windows 7 also already has a search bar, which is close to what I use Just Type for. Only thing missing really is Quick Actions.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    yeah, i've used google desktop before i even got the pre. i think it annoyed me so i stop using it but i've forgotten why. I think it didn't automatically update its index for whatever reason making its search useless. It was fast when it was up to date. I'd like the little touches from Just Type added too though.
    Any ideas on how this would work with people that already have PC's? Would you have to buy a special monitor to make this work, or is this their way of making people go out and buy a new PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Any ideas on how this would work with people that already have PC's? Would you have to buy a special monitor to make this work, or is this their way of making people go out and buy a new PC?
    Nobody has an idea, really. Right now it's all speculation.
    Huh, I've always thought that a laptop could do with an additional small screen on the back (front) of the main screen, so that when you had it closed, you could still look at your address book / calendar etc without booting the laptop.
    With this config running WebOS, you could have all sorts of functionality :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Nobody has an idea, really. Right now it's all speculation.
    Good day all,

Something as simple as a touch pad, similar to what Apple recently introduced might work, for those like me who have a working monitor and won't replace it until it dies.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    For us who already have a PC or for me/us who build our own, HP needs to give away the first version, or at least a drummed down version to try if they want to prove webOs is where it's at. Heck, I'll buy the track pad. When I get my pre3, and webOs tablet (whenever it gets released), and can integrate it with my PC very well with webOs on it, I will be sold. BUT, don't become a severely closed system like apple. That's one of the reasons I move mostly away from apple. Great Eco system but I want room to move around.
    Don't get me wrong, I love webOS, but I don't want to run it on my desktop. I am a mac guy, but even if I had a windows machine, I don't see what could lure me into booting webOS on it. I could see it being a 'feature' of HP's machine that is never used, which doesn't help webOS
    Me too. I don't want webos on my pc. If I buy new hp pc with webos on it, I probably format my hd and reinstall fresh windows 7. Hp comes with too many bloatware, it really does slow down my pc alot.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Hp all ready did something like this on their netbooks and laptops and it sucked ***
    It was like a dual boot option. Also as far as hp beating ios or droid it will prob nevet happen apple is the leader that sets the standard for the mobile os market like or not as far as droid theres just to many phones every week theres a new droid out. What hp needs is to delvelop a way to get mind share. Right now its just a bit to early for anyone to be saying that theres even a snowballs chance in hell that there even in the same leauge as ios or droid.Webos isnt competeing with anyone. Hell they cant even get anyone to make apps for there store
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Me too. I don't want webos on my pc. If I buy new hp pc with webos on it, I probably format my hd and reinstall fresh windows 7. Hp comes with too many bloatware, it really does slow down my pc alot.

Sent from Tapatalk
    You're not going to be booting into webOS. It will run on Windows 7 and/or Windows 8, so it would be kind of pointless to reformat your hd and reinstall windows 7 just to get rid of webOS. Plus, I don't see how adding webOS would slow down your pc alot if you're not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    You're not going to be booting into webOS. It will run on Windows 7 and/or Windows 8, so it would be kind of pointless to reformat your hd and reinstall windows 7 just to get rid of webOS. Plus, I don't see how adding webOS would slow down your pc alot if you're not using it.
    I don't format the hd to just get rid of webOS. I do it to get rid of all the bloatwares that comes with HP computer. They do put tons of stuffs in there that slow down the pc. I am sure there's a way to clean up the windows but reinstalling is faster sometime.
    Me too. I don't want webos on my pc. If I buy new hp pc with webos on it, I probably format my hd and reinstall fresh windows 7....clip...
    Actually, you said you'd format your hd if it had webOS on it.
    We don't even know how they plan to integrate it, and your already convinced you'll format your drive.
    Okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Actually, you said you'd format your hd if it had webOS on it.
    We don't even know how they plan to integrate it, and your already convinced you'll format your drive.
    Okay.
    I said it because I still believe webos on pc is just a bloatware.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Good day all,

Something as simple as a touch pad, similar to what Apple recently introduced might work, for those like me who have a working monitor and won't replace it until it dies.

Take care,

Jay
    When are you going to finally upgrade your centro jay?
    I said it because I still believe webos on pc is just a bloatware.

Sent from Tapatalk
    I haven't seen it or used it yet.
    So I couldn't make an informed decision.
    HP can only try to catch up to Android and forget about iPhone, they will never catch cause those 2 have a huge following, what HP can do is try to cut out a nitch for there own following. HP can only dream of having lines of people to buy there products like Apple has. Dont play catch instead concentrate on your products and getting them out the door much faster than you are doing now.
    More like an assault on Windowsphone and Blackberry. Those are the two in Webos's way.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    More like an assault on Windowsphone and Blackberry. Those are the two in Webos's way.
    Exactly I totally agree, first conquer those 2 then maybe try for the big boys.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12