Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Huzah! Title says it all and I am titillated. The Samsung 9 series (which is by far the worst name ever) looks extra bad *** and will also be featured. I generally do not like anything about New York since I live in south Florida, but now I wish I was there!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added full name to title (it's not John Rub) :)
    Mar 25th 7 pm NYC with Josh interviewing
    Yes the show is sponsored by Sprint, but unfortunately I don't see that as having any bearing what-so-ever on possible carrier partnerships with HP. (If that's what you were implying).
  4.    #4  
    ..all I did was stated facts You can either have your glass half full or half empty, but I will leave that up to you.
    I really like Ruby, but I don't like his interviews. I always feel like I know less afterward than what I knew going in. I hope Josh works him for some actual info instead of the scripted stuff. I'd love to see him surprise everyone with release date news.
    Gosh, the sweepstake for free tickets is already over
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I really like Ruby, but I don't like his interviews. I always feel like I know less afterward than what I knew going in. I hope Josh works him for some actual info instead of the scripted stuff. I'd love to see him surprise everyone with release date news.
    Looking back he had to of been going into interviews last fall thinking <what> am I supposed to talk about. I feel happy for him in a fan boy (<wow>...seriously?) kinda way now that he actually has some good news (and if he doesnt I will curse HP marketing for putting him on the show).

<mod edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: language filters
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Gosh, the sweepstake for free tickets is already over
    yea... that was pretty quick. the only other option is to pick them up at 2pm. i'd have to go on my lunch break to make it there in time. i really want to go to this, hopefully by the time i get there they'll still have some tickets available.
    LOL.. he does like the phrase "stay tuned"
    There is always a little tiny piece of new info that we will get at these interviews. I hope it hints us at carriers or release dates.
    We're not going to learn anything new from this. Sprint's involvement means nothing; as others have mentioned, the Engadget Show is always Sprint-sponsored. Josh will definitely ask some tough questions, as he's an excellent journalist -- but Ruby is slippery by necessity, so I think this will be entertaining rather than informative.

Maybe we'll see a Pre3 with more polished software.

I usually wouldn't reply to a thread like this, as I'm from New York and generally hate anything that comes out of Florida. But now I wish I was -- oh wait, no. Still happy not to be in Florida.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ...beat to the punch
    Last edited by dave12285; 03/18/2011 at 01:46 PM.
    <<threads merged>>
    I would imagine that Ruby would have something new to talk about, maybe a release date or carrier announcement. He was anticipating coming to the Engagdet show since the D: Dive Into Mobile event last December.

Check Ruby's answer to Josh's question @ 3:27pm in the live blog below.
    Jon Rubinstein live from D: Dive Into Mobile -- Engadget

Let's hope for breaking news on the Engadget show. Either way I'll be there, glad I live in NYC.
    If the Veer is being released in May in Europe perhaps there's a chance of it being released in April in the U.S. That would mean that pricing and carrier can be announced at the show with an 'available in two weeks' announcement to generate a buzz.
    Maybe he'll have a little more info for us on "Music Synergy."
    "coming months" " stay tuned " , Palm/HP is really getting desparate
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    "coming months" " stay tuned " , Palm/HP is really getting desparate
    Ooh good! A new observation! Share more!
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm as disgruntled as everyone else about the lack of release date, carrier info, etc. on the new products, but reading

"...the inside scoop on everything from the TouchPad, new Pre 3, Veer, the state of WebOS, and much more!"
    makes me think that surely Engadget knows if the interview is just a rehash of everything that we've already heard, it will be considered a total disaster.
    Who's John Rubinstein?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast