Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I love how HP decided to sponsor the NCAA March Madness On-Demand app for all of the iOS devices, but they don't even have an app for their own operating system.

NCAA March Madness On Demand
    It's no different than HP supporting wireless printing on iOS but not on WebOS.
    HP can talk all they want about the power of webOS, but if they don't show the power of it, how will others see it?
    Yep, HP has sponsored a lot of things on iOS that we have yet to see on our webOS devices.
    webos has no power; without apps to do something with it, webos is worthless
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    webos has no power; without apps to do something with it, webos is worthless
    This is the frustrating part. I'm not a developer, but I feel like webOS has power. I feel like HP or a 3rd party could have (if the desire was there) built an awesome March Madness app with notifications, audio and video streaming. If the company that owns webOS is not taking an interest in making or promoting these apps and instead looks at other platforms, why should developers do any different?
    Wow, I didn't even know this existed until I saw this thread. I played around with it for a bit and it's incredible -- easily the best presentation of a live tv event I've ever seen on a mobile device.

Go BYU!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Wow, I didn't even know this existed until I saw this thread. I played around with it for a bit and it's incredible -- easily the best presentation of a live tv event I've ever seen on a mobile device.

Go BYU!
    Are you talking about on an iProduct or on another device? BTW, I'm attending BYU right now.
    GO BYU!!
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    Are you talking about on an iProduct or on another device? BTW, I'm attending BYU right now.
    GO BYU!!
    I'm using it on an iPhone 4 right now...it's seriously an unbelievably slick app. I just grabbed a screenshot of it to show you how cool it is.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/Phot...%2056%20PM.jpg

I hope Jimmer goes off for another 50 pt night. GO BYU!
    i wonder if webos will ever get one
    Last edited by cnote1287; 03/17/2011 at 06:58 PM.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    HP probably didn't make this app - they're just branding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Yep, HP has sponsored a lot of things on iOS that we have yet to see on our webOS devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    It's no different than HP supporting wireless printing on iOS but not on WebOS.
    Think of it like this. IOS is subsidizing webos. The more people who by Airprint HP capable printers, the more money HP can use to pay developers. Same for HP sponsored apps.
    Only this app is free....
    ...in the coming months...jk!
    way to go HP
    /s
    Last edited by darkzone; 03/18/2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Wow..... just wow.
    Im not sure the reason but there are alot of companies who have apps for competitors and not its own. Check at Windows 7, they have and still make apps for Android, and IOS and not WP7, and people are madd as well so this isnt a new thing with companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Im not sure the reason but there are alot of companies who have apps for competitors and not its own. Check at Windows 7, they have and still make apps for Android, and IOS and not WP7, and people are madd as well so this isnt a new thing with companies.
    But many of those are also available on WP7 like the onenote app. I have no problem with HP making, branding, sponsoring, whatevering apps on other devices, as long as we have one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I really don't think it's all that surprising. HP has marketing goals which are achieved by sponsoring the March Madness app. They may have considered funding development of an app for webOS, however, they probably surmised that there weren't going to be enough webOS users in March 2011 to make funding the app worthwhile.

Some of you guys seem to think that they should have either: 1) Taken a pass on the opportunity to sponsor the app due to loyalty to webOS; or 2) Paid for the development of a webOS app even though not enough people would use it to justify the expense. They don't even have a tablet on display to highlight the app.
    I would agree now isn't the time. No webOS 3.0 devices are out. Why bother investing in 2.0 apps? Maybe the right time is a good NFL app in the fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I would agree now isn't the time. No webOS 3.0 devices are out. Why bother investing in 2.0 apps? Maybe the right time is a good NFL app in the fall.
    if that is the approach HP is taking then why should developers bother developing for 2.0? They stated some lofty app goals at the think beyond event that are starting to appear unrealistic.