1.    #1  
    Hi,

Every once in a while, when I turn on wireless mode on my 180g (with Cingular on the west coast USA), I get a message to the effect of "Your SIM card has a message, would you like to download it to your handheld?". I select yes and then, apparently, nothing happens. I originally thought this might be a text message, but when I look in the SMS area, there is nothing new. The last time this happened, I think my SMS email center numbers got erased.
    Does anyone know what might be happening here, and if there is incoming information that is being lost?

Thanks,

Jordan
    sounds like a OTA (Over the Air) command to your phone. Did you recently change or upgrade your voice or data plan?
    Originally posted by liketreo
    Hi,

Every once in a while, when I turn on wireless mode on my 180g (with Cingular on the west coast USA), I get a message to the effect of "Your SIM card has a message, would you like to download it to your handheld?". I select yes and then, apparently, nothing happens. I originally thought this might be a text message, but when I look in the SMS area, there is nothing new. The last time this happened, I think my SMS email center numbers got erased.
    Does anyone know what might be happening here, and if there is incoming information that is being lost?

Thanks,

Jordan
    I have had the same problem. Doesn't happen very often but no one @ HS support seems to know anything about it either. I gave up trying to figure it out and have just accepted it.....

Greg
    I have a similar problem: My SIM card never got programmed with a number. I have Cingular on my 180k in LA. The phone works fine, but when I select "phone info" it tells me that the phone number is not on the SIM. Should I be worried about this?
    my treo 270 keeps saying "Sim card not found" and "please check your Sim card to see if it is damaged or missing" This occurs at my home and also when I visited Detroit this last weekend. However, when I go to my office in downtown chicago it finds the signal fine.

What does this mean?

What is the soution?

All constructive comments welcome...

Ideawizard
    Mine was doing that for a while as well. It would happen after the radio kept turning off by itself. See my earlier thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=26844

After HS sent me a new 270, it worked great for about a week and than it started to do the same thing again. I figured it might just have been a bad sim card since it was the same one that was in my first 270 and the problem was happening again with the second one so last week I stopped at Cingular and got a new sim card. Its been perfect ever since.

So to cut a long story short you might just have a funky sim card. Get a new one.
    By the way they charged me $25 for a sim which was a crock of **** so as the guy was ringing it up I called customer service and they were nice about the whole thing and simply credited my account for the cost of the sim.

Greg
  7.    #7  
    Ok, so yesterday I got another one of these messages (upon turning on wireless mode), and then hit "yes" . I went over to the SMS application and, lo and behold, there were 2 new SMS messages. However, this is the first time that ever happened. It makes me wonder if the other times I actually lost some SMS messages that were sent to me...

Jordan
    I get this message every morning when I turn my Treo 270 on and I receive a couple of SMS messages (weather update, etc)!!

I always say yes and always find the messages in the SMS app. I used to get it only occasionally, but after the 1.1 GPRS upgrade, I get it every single day.

Quite annoying. I never get it except after turning the radio on with messages already sent. Could have to do with how the Treo (mis)handles SMS messages as it is coming online with the network. I've actually had the Treo freeze up on me and require a soft reset when a few messages (3 or more) were sent to it overnight while it was off. In fact, a sure way to get my Treo to freeze up is to try to use GPRS as soon as it gets a signal and before I get the overnight SMS messages. The message about SMS messages in my SIM card comes up and it usually freezes when I click yes to accept them.
    i have had the same experience, but every time I say "yes", I get a message or two. Might be how the Treo handles sms messages received when the radio is turned off.
    I get the same error every morning. I reset every day and think that it has to do with1.1
    no fix from HS.