Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Following suggestions from these forums, I have purchased a Jabra Earset for Nokia 32,82xx,8850. All forums say that this plug works perfectly with the Treo.
    I received it today and the plug just doesn't enter!!!! It is too big. However it goes fine into a Nokia 3310.
    So they shipped to me the right version, but the plug is not the right one. The plug of the original headset is, in fact, slightly narrower.
    What's wrong? What should I do now?
    Thanks for your help.
    Whoah, I've never heard of this. Hm......

Is it too long or too wide? It doesn't have the general shape, though, right? I mean it isn't the square kind that some Nokias require.
    It looks exactly like the Treo one, including the three black bands. It is just a bit too wide, and only goes in half way.
    However it does perfectly fit into a Nokia 3310 that I have. The Nokia 3310 however also works with the Treo headset (it is only just a bit looser when going in).
    Can anybody help?
    Originally posted by thijsm
    It looks exactly like the Treo one, including the three black bands. It is just a bit too wide, and only goes in half way.
    However it does perfectly fit into a Nokia 3310 that I have. The Nokia 3310 however also works with the Treo headset (it is only just a bit looser when going in).
    Can anybody help?
    Call me crazy, but perhaps you should just push harder? Have faith that it works? Actually, I'd be fairly confident that pushign harder will work. if your Treo headset works on the Nokia, the Nokia's headset will work on the Treo. I won't replace the unit if you break it. That being said, give it a shove. You might be surprised.

P.S. Please try to keep posts to just one forum. Cross-posting ain't cool.
    I tryed once more, putting some oil on the plug. Nothing. It is too wide to enter more than half way. And I tried with energy! (people will think this is a sexual post now...!)
    You can actually SEE that it is just a bit wider.
    The Treo headset works on Nokia, but it stays in a bit more loosely. The difference between the two plugs is really minimum, but enough not to enter all the way into the Treo.
    Has anyone ever plugged a Jabra Earset for Nokia 32xx/82xx/88xx into a Treo?

(I apologise for double posting)
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Call me crazy, but perhaps you should just push harder? Have faith that it works? Actually, I'd be fairly confident that pushign harder will work. if your Treo headset works on the Nokia, the Nokia's headset will work on the Treo. I won't replace the unit if you break it. That being said, give it a shove. You might be surprised.

P.S. Please try to keep posts to just one forum. Cross-posting ain't cool.
    I had a couple of Nokias at home, and tried their headsets in my Treo. One worked, the other didn't (it was too large). The wiring is exactly the same, but the jack is in fact too large. I guess size varies from brand to brand (as long as it fits in Nokias)
    KRamsauer suggested forcing it in. To be honest, I tried, but was almost a milimiter larger than the standard Treo headset and I didn't want to push my luck.
    However, I did go on a hunt for a better headset (trying each and every one in the Treo), and found an excellent one (originally made for Nokias 33xx/31xx/52xx/83xx).
    It's made by what appears to be a british company named Plantronics, model MX-103. It has superb sound quality and a very nice ear-grip. Try going to http://www.plantronics.com/, select "Mobile", then "Headsets". You'll find it there.
    Originally posted by thijsm
    I tryed once more, putting some oil on the plug. Nothing. It is too wide to enter more than half way. And I tried with energy! (people will think this is a sexual post now...!)
    You can actually SEE that it is just a bit wider.
    The Treo headset works on Nokia, but it stays in a bit more loosely. The difference between the two plugs is really minimum, but enough not to enter all the way into the Treo.
    Has anyone ever plugged a Jabra Earset for Nokia 32xx/82xx/88xx into a Treo?
    I've used the Jabra boom and it worked fine. Don't remember the exact Nokia models it worked for though. It's weird that the Treo plug will work in the Nokia but the Nokia plug won't work in the Treo. As for the thinking it's a sex post, I was kinda thinking that as I was typing my last post. I was kinda hoping I wouldn't be the only one to notice it!
    should original nokia (82xx/88xx) headsets fit the treo?
    Do any of these headsets have the button like the Handspring one does? I like the button but the audio quality is terrible.