1.    #1  
    Ok, the little notch at the top left of the Treo case (looking from the front), which has a small metal post in it. Am I right in thinking this is for a wrist strap?

If so, why is one not supplied?

Also if so, it's very difficult to thread anything through it. Hence why I'd like one the right size supplied...

If it is not for a wrist strap what is if for?
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    A wriststrap? That's a laugh. Obiviously it's for peeling apples...at least that's what I've been using it for.
    Come on, this a forum for serious posts only. Please stop wasting the community's time with childish replies.

Besides, anyone who isn't a complete ***** knows that the little metal bar is for flossing your teeth. (duh!)

Some people are such morons.
    lol!

I have to ask, would you actually carry the treo around your wrist? It's not the lightest device, and certainly not very aerodynamic...I just dont see the treo flopping around under my wrist...but thats me.

in all seriousness, I always assumed the same, and then figured the engineers all looked way to silly with them on their wrists, so the decided not to include the strap.
    The idea I think is to wear it around your neck!

Seriously I have seen it done.... I think you end up looking a bit stupid but if you can live with that, its probably a good solution to having close by at all times.
  6.    #6  
    It's not that I actually want to wear it on my wrist...

The way I've used these things in the past is as a sort of safety chain, fastening the other end of the strap to my belt.

Then if the phone (Treo) is in my pocket or clipped to my belt, I can't lose it as easily.

I have now succeeded in putting a small metal ring through the notch, onto which I can clip a strap.

Hey my Treo's got a piercing...
    Originally posted by tgabber
    It's not that I actually want to wear it on my wrist...

The way I've used these things in the past is as a sort of safety chain, fastening the other end of the strap to my belt.

Then if the phone (Treo) is in my pocket or clipped to my belt, I can't lose it as easily.

I have now succeeded in putting a small metal ring through the notch, onto which I can clip a strap.

Hey my Treo's got a piercing...
    We all know it's there to attach it to your key ring. :-)
    It's a lanyard hole Handspring specifically pointed it out to us at COMDEX LAST YEAR when the Treo was released, cause they said it was popular in Japan.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    sorry for my ignorance...but what the heck is a lanyard????
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by chuaaa
    sorry for my ignorance...but what the heck is a lanyard????
    It is basically a security strap as described in my previous post in this thread. This particular word often implies a nautical or military use.

A full dictionary definition can be found at: http://www.infoplease.lycos.com/ipd/A0510746.html

Whilst I'm at it a quick plug here for the Opera browser (http://www.opera.com). One of its many cute features is the ability to highlight any word on a web page and with a couple of clicks get a dictionary definition. Also, of course it doesn't have all the Micro$hite security holes...
    Originally posted by miradu
    It's a lanyard hole Handspring specifically pointed it out to us at COMDEX LAST YEAR when the Treo was released, cause they said it was popular in Japan.
    It's for wondrous accessories such as this one.
    Seriously - I have been meaning to mail HS about this since I got my 180. I think it would be great for a handstrap. Not for intentional stress-bearing or hanging the treo from it, but as a safety while you are holding it in your hand (like being on belay in rock climbing) - if you accidentally droped it the strap would keep it from hitting the concrete. For the same reason I alway loop the strap of my camera around one of my hands when composing. Anyone know where you can get a hand strap small enough to fit?

Less seriously - A lanyard is what the counselors wore around their necks to keep their whistles on when I went to summer camp long ago. We even would use a sort of flat plastic string to "braid" lanyards in crafts at camp, but I am trying to forget that.
    Most aftermarket phone places sell wrist/neck straps for phones, they should work just as well... you can try www.daydeal.com or www.cutepcs.com or check out the China Town area in your local city if you have one.

There's no need to email HS about it's possibilities, that's exactly why it's there to begin with. It just didn't make business sense for them to give you a strap, especially when it's entirely up to you what kind/style you want.