Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    What do you think of HP's recent claim that their goal is to sell 100 Million webOS devices in a year?

    Do you reckon it is plausible? Or is this just too much of a stretch?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  2. #2  
    Why wouldn't it be? HP stretches throughout the whole world. I definitely think its possible.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  3. #3  
    If they put webOS on every computer they sell as they stated they would, it's very plausible.
  4. #4  
    if HP can ship 100 million PCs, then they can ship 100 million that include webOS, and anything else they want to include...
  5. #5  
    maybe those numbers will entice developers to jump aboard webos
  6. #6  
    It's really easy to ship a software add-on to an OS like Windows.

    As long as they have a built in reason to have it, people with use it. Playing tetris is not a good enough reason. It has to be real world stuff.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  7. #7  
    4% of that number are phones and tablets and the remaining 96% is webos application on pc's.

    Talk about warping the numbers. Tablets and phones are very different in operation than pc's.

    Any ideas where WebOS will work well on PC's?

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  8. #8  
    considering it will be on phones, printers, tablets, and pc's it is absolutely feasible. The real question is will it be usable on pc's and printers? I think if they turn webos into a super widget on windows it will be a hit. They can ditch all the stupid widgets they currently ship with their computers and instead put a sort of webos emulator. Where you can run webos apps on a portion of your home screen. That way you can still have notes and weather right there when you login.
  9. #9  
    [QUOTE=Editor02;2909274]What do you think of HP's recent claim that their goal is to sell 100 Million webOS devices in a year?

    Do you reckon it is plausible? Or is this just too much of a stretch?

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

    if HP puts WebOS on all of their products for a year, 100mil sounds about right.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    4% of that number are phones and tablets and the remaining 96% is webos application on pc's.

    Talk about warping the numbers. Tablets and phones are very different in operation than pc's.

    Any ideas where WebOS will work well on PC's?
    I think the synergy features of webOS lend themselves to PC's nicely. For example, I'd rather use the webOS email app then check my outlook and gmail separately. I'd rather use webOS messaging app, than try to organize my conversations with a single person over aim, skype, gchat. Ya know?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I think the synergy features of webOS lend themselves to PC's nicely. For example, I'd rather use the webOS email app then check my outlook and gmail separately. I'd rather use webOS messaging app, than try to organize my conversations with a single person over aim, skype, gchat. Ya know?
    that *DING* *DING* sound that keeps going off won't stop..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  12. #12  
    True. I hope the apps will open in windows and not have to run in an emulator.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    4% of that number are phones and tablets and the remaining 96% is webos application on pc's.

    Talk about warping the numbers. Tablets and phones are very different in operation than pc's.

    Any ideas where WebOS will work well on PC's?
    Maybe I'm not following... But what 'warping' are you referring to? I don't see any post in here differentiating devices.
  14. #14  
    Just think, my touchpad is on its touchstone, pre3 is on its touchstone, both streaming some exhibition feeds, and I'm on my netbook/winPC and I get a text and I could answer it on my network.

    That'd be awesome.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Just think, my touchpad is on its touchstone, pre3 is on its touchstone, both streaming some exhibition feeds, and I'm on my netbook/winPC and I get a text and I could answer it on my network.

    That'd be awesome.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yesss that is why this is really really awesome ..

    people don't see it right now. but wait. it's going to be so awesome, and once you have it, you won't be able to imagine life without it anymore

    for once, someone other than apple or microsoft is going to revolutionize an entire market. this is a major shift in the grand scheme of things.

    just wait

    when it happens i'll be the one to say i told you so
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    yesss that is why this is really really awesome ..

    people don't see it right now. but wait. it's going to be so awesome, and once you have it, you won't be able to imagine life without it anymore

    for once, someone other than apple or microsoft is going to revolutionize an entire market. this is a major shift in the grand scheme of things.

    just wait

    when it happens i'll be the one to say i told you so
    Should be WE :P
    Sprint Love
  17. #17  
    its about having you be able to use the same software, the same apps and the same interface on ANY device you use.

    this is a complete game changer for webos, period.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  18. #18  
    I think above all what this does is get the idea of webos into more peoples hands faster. Think about how many people own a HP PC? Think about people being introduced to webos in a small thing as their browser, it will get people thinking about webos, and some of those people will start looking for devices that just run webos (phones, tablets, notebooks etc). This will increase not only mindshare, but also developer support IMO. This is a very good way to increase mindshare for webos, while they try to get back on the market with it using for now the touchpad, pre3, and veer. Though I do hope they still see how vaulable smartphones are in this equation, because at the end of the day most people I believe would rather carry around a phone in their pocket, that has easy access to everything they need, then a tablet or pc they need to strap on their shoulder.
  19. #19  
    you guys think this is a laughing matter this is the real deal, big time, e v e r y b o d y is gonna have this. you can't think of it as it is today. really start changing the way you're seeing webos because it's not what you think it is anymore. it's going big and it's never coming back. in this situation, that's a very good thing. you want this. it's going to be big. huge. |insertadjectivehere|.
    Last edited by fxspec06; 03/14/2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    yesss that is why this is really really awesome ..

    people don't see it right now. but wait. it's going to be so awesome, and once you have it, you won't be able to imagine life without it anymore

    for once, someone other than apple or microsoft is going to revolutionize an entire market. this is a major shift in the grand scheme of things.

    just wait

    when it happens i'll be the one to say i told you so
    This. ^^
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions