Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    ideal is great but I doubt it could be implemented.

1. There is only 3% of pre user may want to try a webos pc. Others don't even bother with it.
    2. doing 3 things together when none has successful experience will triple the failure probablity . Webos phone + pad + pc. Even apple focus one thing @ a time.
    3 HP ceo is new. If he succeed, he could be another steve. It is not a one time game, patient is the key.

let's wait and see
    I think the idea is to put it into their PC's as a browser plug-in first, to get it into the channel for adaption Leo ieven said it would be a browser plug in - I don't see a dual boot until some time in 2012, at the very least, IF that ever happens.

Still, I can't fathom what it would bring to the PC beyond what the PC already has, other than touchscreen capabilities.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I think the synergy features of webOS lend themselves to PC's nicely. For example, I'd rather use the webOS email app then check my outlook and gmail separately. I'd rather use webOS messaging app, than try to organize my conversations with a single person over aim, skype, gchat. Ya know?

YES EXACTLY!!!

I really believe this is what people are missing when it comes to automation on their PCs. How many of us use Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, Skype, Gmail, and similar and have install all of these applications and configure to get a basic PC up and running.

I want to dump all of the above at least configuration wise and have Synergy provided by webOS doing all the work and configuration for me. WebOS has proven you don't need an Exchange Server running on 2008 to make software automation easy, integrated, and working together.

I personally own and use five (5) or more PCs and Macs and would love to login to any of them, have all of my stuff auto-configured, and available to me from my login and session. I don't need a device like an MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 4G for interfacing if all of my tech could run webOS and carry-on where I left off. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    With regards to the Touchsmart PC's, HP has been using a tacted on layer that they created themselves. Now compared to most competitors, that layer is great. But its still just window dressing on the monster that is Windows. Any applications you're launching in it that aren't HP built are applications focused around mouse/keyboard input and not touch. By using WebOS as the primary software layer, with its "fuller" suite of apps (As few apps as WebOS may have, its still more touch-centric apps then you'll easily find for windows) you create a better experience for the end user and less reason for them to go back to Windows. They still have Windows there as an option for more traditional computing...but unlike the current touchsmarts there would be significantly less reason to keep jumping into windows.
    Yes and here is the best part...how many iPhone, Android, Windows, Mac, and people in the Tech Community want webOS???? ALL OF THEM... Everyone from Engadget, Wired, and Gizmondo have admitted that webOS is the best operating system on the Mobile front and if HP can execute webOS on PCs as a automated interface...the rest will become history or at least add to HP's legacy.

They crack jokes about the webOS Toaster, but then it makes them think...webOS is pretty exciting, maybe it would work! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I want to dump all of the above at least configuration wise and have Synergy provided by webOS doing all the work and configuration for me. WebOS has proven you don't need an Exchange Server running on 2008 to make software automation easy, integrated, and working together.

I personally own and use five (5) or more PCs and Macs and would love to login to any of them, have all of my stuff auto-configured, and available to me from my login and session. I don't need a device like an MOTOROLA ATRIX™ 4G for interfacing if all of my tech could run webOS and carry-on where I left off. Sorli...
    You can do all of this and more today using Dropbox, MS Office compatible apps, and/or Google docs and any iOS, Android, BBOS, Windows, Linux, Mac device. This has been doable with WM since ~2005 - Exchange server not required. The beauty of how things are today is the flexibility users have to create, through mixing-and-matching, the ecosystem that works best for them.

webOS brings little new to this mix except a different interface, a dearth of apps (of the variety I listed above), and a small user base.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post

Still, I can't fathom what it would bring to the PC beyond what the PC already has, other than touchscreen capabilities.
    Yes, a lot of this is just being left to our imaginations for now.
    I don't think it needs to be a touchscreen on our decktops, but rather like a gesture pad that sits on your desk.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123