Imagine with me for a moment...

An amazing new Palm Device with the following:
    4 inch Super LCD touchscreen
    virtual keyboard
    microSDHC expansion slot up to 32GB
    2MP front facing camera
    5MP rear facing camera
    HD Video Recording
    Dockable (akin to the Atrix 4G but better)

Sure its a dream but wouldn't it be nice if HP made it happen?
    Matthew Sherro,
    General Manager/Owner, the Quotients Group
    I do like the idea.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I do like the idea.
    Me too. How do we make something like this happen?
    Matthew Sherro,
    General Manager/Owner, the Quotients Group
    I likey! Hopefully now that HP has the hardware coming out that Palm already had in the chamber.. they can look at something like this for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by msherro View Post

virtual keyboard
    2MP front facing camera
    5MP rear facing camera
    HD Video Recording

Hi all,

Before you know it they will be selling it....

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I'd still rather have a Pre 3.
    So basically one of those many Android slab phones that are starting to all look the same as far as the eye can tell, just running webOS instead? Sure, I'll take one, but I'm looking forward to the Pre^3, it's design is nothing like what's on the market right now, and I love being different.
    everything sounds good except 4" screen and VKB. Pre 3 is going to be GREAT when ever it arrives
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I'd still rather have a Pre 3.
    +1
    Don't knock it till you try it...
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    do you have 4g available?
    On VZW - yes. On Sprint - no... well ALMOST. It is in the area but I'm out of coverage at my house and it's scattered but mostly available in my small town outside Charlotte. VZ is solid - this is from coverage maps only.

virtual keyboard
    2MP front facing camera
    5MP rear facing camera
    HD Video Recording

I like many many many others find that size device too big and I want a physical keyboard. I also do not need/want a front facing camera - I'm not that vain.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Titano View Post
    So basically one of those many Android slab phones that are starting to all look the same as far as the eye can tell, just running webOS instead? Sure, I'll take one, but I'm looking forward to the Pre^3, it's design is nothing like what's on the market right now, and I love being different.
    Different isn't always good. Sometimes it is, the Pre 3's design seems pretty good. My only question about those designs is the slide out keyboard. Will it last at least two years?
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    Different isn't always good. Sometimes it is, the Pre 3's design seems pretty good. My only question about those designs is the slide out keyboard. Will it last at least two years?
    Hi all,

I am sure it will....the Pre sold quite well for a while until it started to fall apart...I am sure that Palm/HP & Ruby learned a very valuable lesson!

Take care as always, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    I think it'll do OK. From the reviews I've seen everyone seems to point out how much better the keyboard is. My Pre is proof that the original Pre's keyboard wasn't too bad, as it still works just fine. If they put a crappy keyboard on the Pre3 then that means Palm learned nothing out of their past mistakes.

virtual keyboard
    2MP front facing camera
    5MP rear facing camera
    HD Video Recording

this is the problem with the market.

4" too big.. 3.8 sure.. but 3.6 i think is a sweet spot

dont care or need a vk.. don't know what the fuss is.

the only thing i think would benefit hp is the expansion slot. but then again, i dont need that much space on a freakin' phone.

and having it docable is silly. that would completely void their purpose of touch to share and the direction of that. in fact, having it 'docable' is behind in times
    Hi all,

To my mind, the whole reason why I have been a loyal Palm customer has been the Keyboard.... a virtual keyboard while in landscape would be nice, but I still want a keyboard!

take care of yourselves,

jay
    I don't think that the Opening Post is saying HP should start developing a phone for 2012 that will compete with the February 2011 Atrix 4G. The 4" form-factor is popular as shown by the millions of Galaxy S phones sold. No one is as well positioned to dock a phone into a laptop as HP. HP should capitalize on that strength.

So if HP is looking at the 4" form-factor for 2012, they have to be reading about the phones that will come after the Atrix like we do. We have to hope HP has even better information. The Pre 3 vs Atrix 4G comparison puts the Atrix as lighter, smaller volume, twice the RAM, 35% more pixels, and 60% more battery.

But HP can't target yesterday's phones for next year's development.

The 4" form-factor is one of the five market segments: XS (2.5"), S (3.0"), M (3.5"), L (4.0"), and XL (4.3"+). For 2011 HP had to get a foothold with XS and M.

I bet that HP will offer the 4" form-factor within the next year. And it's specs will beat next year's phones.

And wouldn't it be a stroke of genius if the obvious phone to pair with your new laptop would be an HP?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/20/2011 at 12:02 PM.