Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm's posted a number of ads for the Pre2 on the youtube channel YouTube - meetpre2's Channel with the tagline "effortless for all"

Most are pretty good, and the kind of advertising I'd like to see from Palm, except the little girl is, as we've come to expect from Palm, kinda creepy. That said, on this (frankly embarassing) video, around ten seconds in:
    The man with the piano manages to put the Pre2 on the touchstone... upside-down.
    Now, I don't know if it's that he doesn't want to put the gecko tape on the piano or what, but it looks freaking ridiculous, and the wires are everywhere and he doesn't get that "charging" notification.

A freeze frame for those not wanting to load the video: Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 3.54.11 PM.png
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    shoulda been meet pre 3.. anyways.. i guess this is progress.. hey, can someone give me the link to youtube in which i'll be able to watch them in browser with flash and not the youtube app.. i go to the site and i tap on desktop view, but no matter what i tap it launches the youtube app.. even tried youtube.com/watch but it still launches the app..
    I like the pianists self-satisfied look.
    He must be psyched he just adhered his pre2 to his touchstone...
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    A freeze frame for those not wanting to load the video: Screen shot 2011-03-10 at 3.54.11 PM.png
    That's not upside down. You can pretty clearly see that the headphone jack is at the top (with the screen over it, in the open position) He simply has the keyboard slid out. I charge mine like that frequently.

Edit My bad. I see what you mean now. The Pre is not upside down, the charger is.
    BTW, that girl's a cutie. What, not blonde enough??
    BTW, did you catch the disclaimer on the girl's video about 10 seconds in:

Girl's phone is not really girl's phone but rather dad's sister's-uncle's phone and while effortless enough for a young girl is only suitable for slightly more grown humans of 13 years or older.

Yeah oTherPhoneUsers - that was cool. Looks like someone at HP has a sense of humor.
    saw that and it had me laughing lol
    Blah. Both videos are pretty bland and are too long (compared to TV ads) without much payoff.

The upside-down Touchstone wouldn't bother me if the thing didn't slip'n'slide so obviously in the shot they used of the pianist dropping it on there. Could've gone for another take there, dudes.
    No choice. The magnets are strong enough to lift the TS when picking up the Pre unless it mounted. No one is going to do that to an expensive grand piano so they improvised and hoped no one would notice. I didn't until it was pointed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    No choice. The magnets are strong enough to lift the TS when picking up the Pre unless it mounted. No one is going to do that to an expensive grand piano so they improvised and hoped no one would notice. I didn't until it was pointed out.
    Wait a minute.... If no one is gong to do that to an expensive grand piano... then that means the whole thing is a setup. It's FAKE. They LIED.
    /sarcasm

Seriously though - good point about the piano, I didn't think of that. Used to run a Christian music venue, and some of the performers made us retune the piano if it was moved at all between sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wait a minute.... If no one is gong to do that to an expensive grand piano... then that means the whole thing is a setup. It's FAKE. They LIED.
    /sarcasm

Seriously though - good point about the piano, I didn't think of that. Used to run a Christian music venue, and some of the performers made us retune the piano if it was moved at all between sets.
    You cut a circle with masking tape and stick the touchstone to the tape then the piano. I thought it looks funny, nice catch.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Please tell me they are going to offer those apps in the Palm catalog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You mean the beat making app? THe other two are on there (pandora, drums)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    Palm's posted a number of ads for the Pre2 on the youtube channel YouTube - meetpre2's Channel with the tagline "effortless for all"

Most are pretty good, and the kind of advertising I'd like to see from Palm, except the little girl is, as we've come to expect from Palm, kinda creepy. That said, on this (frankly embarassing) video, around ten seconds in:
    The man with the piano manages to put the Pre2 on the touchstone... upside-down.
    Now, I don't know if it's that he doesn't want to put the gecko tape on the piano or what, but it looks freaking ridiculous, and the wires are everywhere and he doesn't get that "charging" notification.

Hey you mean it doesn't work like that? No wonder I haven't been receiving any calls lately....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Your.....joking right? Well if your not (yikes!) then the apps are

Pandora (obviously)
    BeatBox
    Natural Drums
    I haven't been in the catalog in a long time.

*embarrassed
    Any of you guys thought it could be a new touchstone? i know how you precentral peeps love to dream! just throwing it out there!

i need a webOS phone...
    I dont think that girl is creepy at all; in fact, I like all 3 characters and the little video ads they provided - they show off WebOS quite well.

I didnt see any touchstone upside down.. they were all tilted toward the piano dude perfectly.

Cantaffordit-

Those apps, both of them, have been availabe on the App catalog for months now... and they ARE very seriously cool.

Still entertaining the idea of upgrading my Pre + to 2.1
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I don't wanna adds... I wanna find to buy here...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    ...I didnt see any touchstone upside down.. they were all tilted toward the piano dude perfectly.
    Nah, it was upside down. The angle it presents the Pre is going to be the same, rightside up or updside down. However, the wires are at the base of the TS, not the top. Look again, in the photo, the wires are at the top.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast