1. kin
    I wonder if anyone else suffers this problem.

During conversations on my Treo 270, GPRS 1.1, from time to time there's a loud metallic noise like a digital bang that almost hurts the ears. The other party also hears it too and complains about it. This seems to have occured before the GPRS upgrades and I was hoping that whatever caused it would have been solved during the upgrade. Unfortunately it wasn't.

I use the AIS provider in Bangkok, Thailand and it doesn't occur in my Nokia phones with the same provider. Anyone else have this problem?
    are u using handfree when that happens? i have the same problem w/ handfree.
  3. kin
    Whether by headset, or normal speaker or handfree speaker the digital noise occurs.

But since not many people complain about this issue, maybe it is to do with local provider compatibility with the Treo.
    What GSM network are you on? It could be something specific to your area as you say.
  5. kin
    My provider in Thailand is AIS. They are generally very good for quality. However this may be an issue with the Treo also as my Nokia doesn't suffer the same problem often (but sometimes).