1.    #1  
    Apotheker Seeks to Save HP’s ‘Lost Soul’ With Software Growth - Businessweek

Apotheker says he also wants to make better use of WebOS, the computer-operating system acquired last year when Hewlett- Packard purchased smartphone maker Palm Inc. for $1.2 billion. Starting next year, every one of the PCs shipped by HP will include the ability to run WebOS in addition to Microsoft Corp.’s Windows, Apotheker said.
    Good article. Thanks. It will be interesting to see if the guy with 20 years in the software industry can change the culture of a hardware engineering company.
    Between his software experience, and Rubinsteins engineering experience.... lets see if they make some killer products
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Between his software experience, and Rubinsteins engineering experience.... lets see if they make some killer products
    Makes me sad the guy from voodoo is gone. Seems he wanted to make better hardware and now Leo is willing to put some money into it. :/
    I think this is a very good article, and I believe he is headed in the right direction.
    I really liked this article. This quote may be key: "Managers at SAP’s French unit called Apotheker “The Polar Bear” -- solitary, approachable-looking, but deadly if crossed."
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Makes me sad the guy from voodoo is gone. Seems he wanted to make better hardware and now Leo is willing to put some money into it. :/
    well they're on the right track for sure
    the pre 2 hardware is actually quite solid and i'm very impressed. And that was a palm design.

The pre 3 i'm sure one upped the pre 2.

So future HP devices.. well.. i guess time will tell.

I'm happy that ruby will get a chance to solely focus on engineering.. thats what he does best