1.    #1  
    I say let H/P make webOS tablets and phone as well. But at the same time let Palm unit make hardware as well. With Enyo coming, one can easily scale all apps to fit all screen sizes.

I say Let Palm unit release TP in June or earlier and then use the same software, and H.P can release a webOS tablet in November. So two webOS tabs a year would be awesome.

Same for phones. Let Palm release Pre-3 in June and H/P can follow up with the same software in November maybe with a better hardware.

This would keep webOS in news and keep selling more and more phones without flooding the market with so many names that people wont know what to buy.

And for God's sake please give an option for a slab phone with VK without killing the pre-3 keyboard.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Most efficient, profitable corporations try not to have two redundant divisions consuming valuable corporate resources so they can compete directly against each other for finite market share. It's bad for employee morale, it confuses the heck out of the stockholders, and it unnecessarily provides their competitors (and the blogosphere) something to laugh at.
    I think this is more about separating hardware and software design, rather than moving the whole package to the Laptop division.

This doesnt mean that Palm and the WebOS software engineers won't have intput to the design of the Touchpad hardware, but, more than likely the final design decisions would be made by the Laptop division, given their obviously supreior and long term proven understanding of hardware builds and consumer needs.

This coudl possibly bode well, as they would likely push for things in the TouchPad that others such as the iPad currently might not offer, to make the TouchPad truly into a laptop - competing device that outperforms the rest of the market, such as a much higher resolution display, SD/memory cards, DVD/CD disc integration, removable batteries, better hardware control buttons integration, upgradable/servicable CPU's and RAM, etc...

One thing is for sure: HP needs to STOP chasing Apple and start thinking like true inovators into the future to see where this space is going and then strive to meet or beat those demands, ahead of anyone else.

THAT would be way "cool".

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I think this is more about separating hardware and software design, rather than moving the whole package to the Laptop division.

This doesnt mean that Palm and the WebOS software engineers won't have intput to the design of the Touchpad hardware, but, more than likely the final design decisions would be made by the Laptop division, given their obviously supreior and long term proven understanding of hardware builds and consumer needs.

This coudl possibly bode well, as they would likely push for things in the TouchPad that others such as the iPad currently might not offer, to make the TouchPad truly into a laptop - competing device that outperforms the rest of the market, such as a much higher resolution display, SD/memory cards, DVD/CD disc integration, removable batteries, better hardware control buttons integration, upgradable/servicable CPU's and RAM, etc...

One thing is for sure: HP needs to STOP chasing Apple and start thinking like true inovators into the future to see where this space is going and then strive to meet or beat those demands, ahead of anyone else.

THAT would be way "cool".

IMO, adding a cd drive to the Touchpad doesn't count as innovation.
    Quote Originally Posted by nns View Post
    IMO, adding a cd drive to the Touchpad doesn't count as innovation.
    Now a 5 Floppy drive that would not only be innovative but nostalgic.

Seriously though webOS is based on the cloud moving toward physical media storage drives is not only outdated but completely against the webOS philosophy especially on a tablet

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Most efficient, profitable corporations try not to have two redundant divisions consuming valuable corporate resources so they can compete directly against each other for finite market share. It's bad for employee morale, it confuses the heck out of the stockholders, and it unnecessarily provides their competitors (and the blogosphere) something to laugh at.
    call of duty
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    call of duty
    forget about confusing the stockholders, it makes them spend their money twice--they are OK to be confused as long as they are rich, its only when the mortgage pyramid starts to melt, the Enron bloat starts to fizzle that they begin to realize their plight.