1.    #1  
    I use DateBk5. I thought my alarms used to vibrate (when I first got my Treo 270), but now whether I have it switched to silent or not (both with Vibration Alert on), the device doesn't vibrate. Works fine when receiving phone calls though. Anyone got the same problem?
    It's not a "problem," technically. Handspring uses a different command to set its silent alarm off, and cesdewar, as excellent as he is, is not really prioritizing treo support. (He does, however, immediately support the clie-of-the-month-club. can you tell this is a sore spot?)

Here is what you do. Go to preferences, Alarms. Uncheck "datebk5 handles alarms." Now the alarms you set in db5 will show up as db+ alarms, and thus have a vibrating ring. The downside is that you won't be able to set alarms on todos if you do this.
    Originally posted by septimus
    It's not a "problem," technically. Handspring uses a different command to set its silent alarm off, and cesdewar, as excellent as he is, is not really prioritizing treo support. (He does, however, immediately support the clie-of-the-month-club. can you tell this is a sore spot?)

Here is what you do. Go to preferences, Alarms. Uncheck "datebk5 handles alarms." Now the alarms you set in db5 will show up as db+ alarms, and thus have a vibrating ring. The downside is that you won't be able to set alarms on todos if you do this.
    Another alternative is to use my Random Alarms program: <http://www.notifymail.com/palm/> and from the options menu, you can tell it it vibrate for all alarms no matter what application. (I don't use db+, so I had this problem since they day I got my Treo.)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks people, I will try these solutions. Although it seems to me to be a short coming for Mr Pimlico (DB5 authors).

I've sent a request to www.PimlicoSoftware.com to fix the problem and see what happens. Afterall they advertise on their front page that they are compatible with all Handspring devices.
  5.    #5  
    I got a response back from Pimlico which pretty much emphases what was posted earlier:

DateBk5 supports vibrating alarms on the V-4.0 Palm OS which was the first
    version of the Palm OS to provide support for this capability. Handspring
    has proprietary code that they added to their earlier version of the Palm OS
    to implement their alarm system, which is why it is not supported by
    Datebk5. WIth OS 5.0 devices shipping this month, it's rather hard to
    justify adding support at this point for one company's flavor of an
    operating system that is two generations earlier...

A TREO user did email me that there is a hack that will
    vibrate the alarms on the TREO:

http://www.notifymail.com/palm/#randomalarms

You might look at that link and see if it is of interest to you.

Cheers!
    CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.
    ==========================================

I've tried Random Alarms and found it to play my sounds "randomly". It tends to intermittently cut off my sounds only giving a "blip" of say the Concerto sound. This is annoying as I want the device to both vibrate and sound. Other than this, Random Alarms seems to work.