Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by anthonyosimon
    One thing to be aware of with CorrectHack is that it constantly crashes my Treo 270 with the following error message:

MemoryMgr.c, Line:3036, Chunk over-locked <Reset>

The only outcome is a soft reset! If I do a lot of typing, I'll get the error 3 to 4 times a day and depending on the application, I have re-key the entry... very frustrating.

I sent an email to the author (Matt) of CorrectHack advising him of the bug. I told him he had a great product and with a few enhancements, he could do alright. I also placed a link to this discussion group. However I got no response.

It is possible that this could be clashing with some other application(s) that I have installed. (I'm suspicious of WordComplete... great software that displays a popup dictionary as you type). I will try disabling this to see if that is causing the problem with CorrectHack.

Does anyone else have this trouble?
    Nope - CorrectHack has never crashed me. Try installing Crash. This should identify exactly what is crashing your machine.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for the suggestion... what is Crash?
    Originally posted by anthonyosimon
    Thanks for the suggestion... what is Crash?
    Crash is a hack that automatically resets your PalmOS machine after it crashes. It comes with a companion application called, Crash Log which maintains a log of all the crashes including the time, date, error message, and the application that was running when the crash occured.
    Originally posted by DarthRepublican

Mine does the same thing but I think you'll find that if you press the Spacebar after it auto-completes "IL" while the L in "IL" is still highlighted, it will do another auto-complete, this time changing the "IL" to "I'll". This is what my 270 does.
    Confirmed; mine too. Elegant feature. I also note it reverts to IL if I hit the backspace twice. I've never needed a space here: I just take the autocompletes and hit Done. Nice.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    ....and more unusable in Europe!
    currently, I use a treo180 that's localized to German. I havn't encountered the auto-correction/auto-completion, yet. It seems that Handspring couldn't think of anything that might be spelled incorrectly in German.

Can any other non-english user out there confirm that?

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    does the TREO 300 come with autocorrect?
    The 300 should have autocorrect. Type a lowercase i and then a space. If it's changes to a cap I, then you've got autocorrect.
    I have just this week purchased a Treo 180G. My brother has one for a couple of months. The autocorrect feature WOULD be very nice, if it could be switched off or edited.
    I use mostly Dutch text on my English Treo. It is set for English because it has no seeting for Dutch (language spoken in Netherlands and North of Belgium).
    Yes we DO have words that should NOT be autocorrected:
    wel - means 'indeed' and is used quite often
    sec is also used in Dutch
    hel is also a Dutch word
    If there were a list, I could point out quite a few ....

I do not mind using the English version of Treo but I do mind that I held back a bit if I use Dutch words on it.

Thanks for the discussion though, it was quite helpful in understanding this was not just between our Dutch ears .....
    Theo Schijf
    theo@muiswerk.nl
    Theo,

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. I tried to see if CorrectHack could recorrect "hel" but it won't. Your best bet is to type "hel" space, backspace backspace. That uncorrects the correction.

Kevin
    Is the complete list of words available on autocorrect accessible somewhere??
    Nope. I've scoured. And HS tech support won't say. I can't even find the file burried in the system. (Okay maybe I have a suspicion).

But here's the scoop: There are about 100 words in there. Try typing mo, mn, mns and yr. These give you time words. Mlost common contractions are in there, including oclock and visavis. As for actual word corrections, they're all simple one sylable words. Try tahn, hsa, taht, hting, htis.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    Nope. I've scoured. And HS tech support won't say. I can't even find the file burried in the system. (Okay maybe I have a suspicion).

But here's the scoop: There are about 100 words in there. Try typing mo, mn, mns and yr. These give you time words. Mlost common contractions are in there, including oclock and visavis. As for actual word corrections, they're all simple one sylable words. Try tahn, hsa, taht, hting, htis.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12