Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I did the same thing but after using it for several minutes and remaining unimpressed, I didn't walk out with an oversized iPod.

(Sent from my iPad mini!)
    Good for you, Chief. What a thoughtful and humorous rebuttal!

Heaven forbid a product attractive to some people but not to others be allowed to exist without pelting it with waves of snark. P|C sure isn't wanting for small-minded people these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Good for you, Chief. What a thoughtful and humorous rebuttal!

Heaven forbid a product attractive to some people but not to others be allowed to exist without pelting it with waves of snark. P|C sure isn't wanting for small-minded people these days.
    Just sayin'
    Is it really bad that it's a big iPod touch/iPhone? The extra screen space helps. I must say that the screen though on the iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4 are still excellent for those with bad eyesight like me, due to the resolution. I'm still thinking of just getting a no contract iPhone 4 since I can kill 2 birds with one stone. But I still think it'd be easier to read on the iPad.

I also saw the Nook Color and did a small demo. Not bad. Very compact(which is fine with me) and if I could root it, low cost Android tablet. Decisions, decisions. lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    for me personally if what I need on a tablet cannont be fulfilled like that on a laptop then its useless. For me I need to much right now to use a tablet as a replacement for a laptop. I would opt just for a high end smartphone whose OS I can use efficently, and works well with my daily life (webos, Pre3 type device), and if I need more realestate I can sit down in front of a laptop or computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I had been kind of drooling over a touchpad until the thing yesterday.

I was naturally bummed after the presentation.
    Honest question: why were you "bummed?" I get being bummed that the platform of your choice isn't ready yet, but why be bummed that another is?

Unless you're a stockholder, in which case I totally understand.

But I don't understand how electronics companies foster not just loyalty but negative emotion, too.

What was so bumming about it? Isn't it cool to see where the industry and tech is going?
    Heaven forbid a product attractive to some people but not to others be allowed to exist without pelting it with waves of snark.
    Ironic amount of snark in 3, 2, 1...

P|C sure isn't wanting for small-minded people these days.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123