1.    #1  
    If you would like to follow, watch , maybe some slides will be there, for the HP Summit with Leo Apotheker on March 14,2011. Click on the link below and register.

I am curious about what they will say and maybe announce ?

HP Summit with Léo Apotheker
    Monday, March 14, 2011 1:00 p.m. PT
    Webcast Presentation
    Listen to the Webcast in Real Player Listen to the Webcast in Windows Media Player Click here for webcast

Here :HP Investor Relations - Event Details

and here: http://www.visualwebcaster.com/HPSummit2011
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by akitayo; 03/01/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Given the iPad2 now known, factually, to be immediate availability BEFORE this event, I believe this event will take on a completely new importance for HP, WebOS users and the media covering the mobile sector.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Given the iPad2 now known, factually, to be immediate availability BEFORE this event, I believe this event will take on a completely new importance for HP, WebOS users and the media covering the mobile sector.
    If it doesn't it should.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Yes it would.

HP would have been better to announce the 3 devices in the summer when they were all set, then.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    March 14: "WE want to be Cool, like Apple....so we'll be releasing our new products within a few weeks. And by few, I mean 18."
    Maybe a Veer launch?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Maybe a Veer launch?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Spring , but in what month of it? But would be nice HP announces the Veer for early Spring. That little monster will be a hit.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This isn't a product launch, he's not going to be whipping out devices on stage - it's a talk about the broad strategy direction of the company, not product specifics.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Bump. Todays the day, 13:00 pt is 21:00 GMT I think. Wonder what will be announced, if anything...
    most likely more open promises. I am getting tired of all of these meetings and promises. Just shut up and "do it"
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I agree that it seems like most of the recent presentations have been to satisfy shareholders/partners and the media, not for gaining mindshare etc or anything consumer facing and yes they do need to really move along. But as long as they're investing this time in setting up a strong foundation for the long term future of WebOS then I guess it's ok, I'd rather have them setting up these strong foundations than rush flawed products and a 2 year old OS with poor carrier relations out of the door just to satisfy a few WebOS enthusiasts (myself included) and create a poor image of WebOS with the general populous, after all there are more of them than us! This is WebOS's second chance to make a first impression and even though I'm dying to get that Pre3 to replace my Pre+, I don't want HP to compromise quality of hardware or software.
  12.    #12  
    Today on the HP Summit Leo announced the intention of HP to launch 100 million webos enabled devices per year including laptops Pcs, smartphones, printers and TouchPads ( plural), that you can see on the slide below).

These devices will be connected for HP cloud services, enterprise services, partner services on a open cloud market place., using and hybrid infrastructure with management & security on transformation services as well.

HP intends to build webOS into a leading connectivity platform. As the world’s No. 1 maker of PCs and printers, HP has the potential to deliver 100 million webOS-enabled devices a year into the marketplace, and HP plans to use that scale along with leading development tools to build a robust developer community that is eager to access every segment of the market and every corner of the globe.

Strategy priorities:

Connectivity: HP also intends to be a leader in the area of connectivity. HP already has a globally distributed installed base in both the consumer and enterprise, and ships two printers and PCs a second, which will be webOS enabled – this huge, growing installed base of devices provides enormous opportunity upon which to build HP-, customer- and ecosystem-driven innovation. HP and its ecosystem of partners will continue to provide context-aware experiences for consumers, SMBs and large enterprises with secure information creation, digitization, transformation and consumption — anytime, anywhere.

Press Release:

HP Sets Strategy to Lead in Connected World with Services, Solutions and Technologies
    CEO Léo Apotheker focused on the powerful convergence of cloud and connectivity
    SAN FRANCISCO, March 14, 2011

Link: HP Sets Strategy to Lead in Connected World with Services, Solutions and Technologies
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #13  
    Full Video: HP CEO Léo Apotheker Keynote HP Summit 2011. March 14th.