Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Let me just say this is not meant to be a rant on how HP didn't follow through with features they advertised/announced would become available on the Palm Pre - in the coming months. What HP has said is that they would try and make it right. What do you think that means, what do you want it to mean.

I for one suggest that they offer the Pre 3 to original Pre users at cost when your contract is up for renewal. And don't go charging the carrier for the loss. I think one way to make sure loyal users are the on to get this would be to make it so the pre has to have been active for at least 13 months.

What do you think?
    I think it is more likely that they will have a 1.5 type release to fix bugs and insert some long overdue features.

What I would LIKE for it to mean would be some sort of discount on hardware, but first they have to get the hardware launched on the major carriers so there is something to discount.

<<thread moved>>
    I don't think they are going to do anything. The logistics of "making things right" in any way would be staggering.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I think that they will either offer a discount on the phone or, more likely, offer a discount on accessories (Touchstone, etc.)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I agree that they most likely will only give a token gesture to existing users or earlier adopters. But its nice to dream.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Whatever they do, I hope it's soon. It's been weeks since they said said they'd let us know in the coming weeks.
    My guess is a hardware discount.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    Whatever they do, I hope it's soon. It's been weeks since they said said they'd let us know in the coming weeks.
    My guess is a hardware discount.
    you there's fast time, medium time, slow time and then there's HPalm time! LOL
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think it will be cheaper to just give people a 100 dollar rebate than to have developers go out and create a 1.5 exp.. they have moved on to 2.0....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Isn't hp all about coupons?

I don't want to say how much of a coupon, but i'm hopping that I could upgrade for less than 350, without renewing my 3 year contract with bell.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I like the idea of a coupon also however I do not want a rebate. Although I can see the advantages of HP using a rebate because not everyone follows through with them.

I also agree the coupon/rebate would need to make the purchase worth staying with HPalm. I got the Pre- for $100 when Best Buy snafu'ed the price, so $100 with coupon would keep me happy and spreading the word of WebOS to others.
    I don't think HP knows what the "something special" is. They didn't expect the s-storm they got from the community. They didn't have a prepared statement. They didn't have a coherent and unified story. I think the "something special" was made up on the spot, or was reactionary to the situation. Now, they're stuck with it, and have to figure out what to do. I believe that is why they haven't announced any details about what it is. They don't have any.
    how about a free printer? So they can turn around and sell us cartridges?
    Noooo, i just bought an HP printer.

Maybe itll be a free Veer-swap? Its a path to 2.0 after all.
    it'll probably be a $100 or so HP credit. I can't see them convincing the carriers to participate in this at all.
    all I want is a sprint phone. If that happens I will be happy.
    Palm made nearly 3 million webOS devices prior to the Pre 2. We know that many of those did not survive long and many people traded them in to Sprint or Radio Shack on other phones. So maybe at most 2 million are out there and still in use?

In 2010 HP would have needed to sell 10 million smartphones a year to even be in the rankings:

Symbian 111,576,700
    Android 67,224,500
    Research In Motion 47,451,600
    iOS 46,598,300
    Microsoft 12,378,200

HP has a huge oportunity here. Announce that existing Pre and Pixi customers can get a $100 rebate when they trade in their old phones towards the purchase of a new Pre 3 or Veer.

HP would lock in their base on new 2 year contracts while giving them a fair offer. And 2 million phones needs to be a drop in the bucket.

I hope that HP does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I don't think HP knows what the "something special" is. They didn't expect the s-storm they got from the community. They didn't have a prepared statement. They didn't have a coherent and unified story. I think the "something special" was made up on the spot, or was reactionary to the situation. Now, they're stuck with it, and have to figure out what to do. I believe that is why they haven't announced any details about what it is. They don't have any.
    I mostly agree with this.* That's why I am so happy O2 stood up to them when they were told there was not going to be any further software upgrades. The US carriers just wanted to get the Pre in their rear-view mirrors.

*The reason I say mostly is that I think by now they have decided what they're going to do. I expect something like $50 off a Pre2. Woo-****ing-Hoo.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    I think what they should do is release the 2.1 doctor for all webos carriers and allow us to update. I think it's more likely that they will give some kind of discount to Pre 2's as there's probably difficulty getting rid of their current stock with new devices being just months away.
    I wanted to swap my sprint pre for another pre because my charging port in my phone is broken and HP told me that they had no more and the only thing they could give me was a pixi...sooo I'm thinkin, where are all of those sprint pres?? Certainly not in consumers hands
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I wanted to swap my sprint pre for another pre because my charging port in my phone is broken and HP told me that they had no more and the only thing they could give me was a pixi...sooo I'm thinkin, where are all of those sprint pres?? Certainly not in consumers hands

Sprint still has plenty of refurbs to hand out. I just got one a couple of weeks ago and another family member of mine got one last week. They don't have them in store but if you go to a repair center they can order them easily.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast