Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    Here is the post where HP/Palm promised to "make things right."
    The Official HP Palm Blog: Thanks (really!) for the feedback

Note that this promise applied to all "older WebOS phones."

My suggestion would be to e-mail Jon Zilber and ask him if that it still in the cards. At this point, some kind of a trade-in/upgrade program might be the only think that would keep me with WebOS.
    We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready. Although some of the outcry has been a little hard to take, we also appreciate the fact that you care enough about what we’re doing to express your reactions. (And we even manage to get a chuckle out of some of your more pointed criticism – yes, jonnybryce, I’m talking about you.)

Jon Zilber
    I have tried looking but have yet to find anything.

So back when we all learned Palm lied to us about upgrades for original palm pre users, then put up a ESN check that said in the coming weeks we will have something for you. So what did they ever do for these many original pre users? Or was it just more lies?
    Palm IIIe -> Palm m100 -> Palm 700p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre ->HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    They gave everyone free HTC Evos.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    Nothing so far. Go to palm.com/webos-info/ and see for yourself. A discounted Pre 3 is what I am hoping for myself.
    Ya, or anything palm related really, trade in program or something. I'm starting to think nothing will happen. My experience with HP has been bad I hope they don't tear apart WebOS and what palm was. Just seems that was a another false promise on a long list of others.

BTW I think hiding something that is Palm Pre based away from the palm pre section is rather odd. I give up.
    Palm IIIe -> Palm m100 -> Palm 700p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre ->HTC Evo
    I bet HP is regretting making that promise. They're just hoping we all forget about them "making things right."

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I am getting tired of the Pre2, Veer, Pre3, and even TouchPad talk. I got a Pre+ when my last Palm/phone died. Now I still have a year before I can upgrade. As a long time Palm and HP owner, I put my faith in HP/Palm. If they are abandoning us legacies now, they shouldn't get our loyalty or business. Regardless of how much I like WebOS or a form factor, I won't be giving them any more of my money until they "make things right". I am going so far as to order a Dell as my new laptop instead of another HP.
    I was feeling particularly unloved by HP yesterday and the silence regarding "making it right" has been bugging me with all of the TouchPad hoopla. So I went a searching and found a place to e-mail Leo (and the executive group) on the HP website. So I fired off a polite but firm note and received a "we received your message and will forward it on to the appropriate party" message. Imagine my surprise when I got a call from the HP Corporate office a few minutes ago.

Unfortunately the gentleman I spoke to had no firm information about what is coming, but the management team is certainly aware of our desire to have it "made right". He said he shares our pain as a Pre Plus users on AT&T. Not the answer I wanted, but a much bettter response than I actually expected to get.

I for one am hoping for big discounts on the Pre 3.
    I guess it's officially over. palm.com/webos-info has been updated to remove the
    "share details in the coming weeks" line. Now it only identifies what device you have.

http://ws.hpwebos.com/WebOsChecker/s...ectedCarrierH=
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Mine still has the coming weeks line (lots of weeks, eh?). Verizon Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    Mine still has the coming weeks line (lots of weeks, eh?). Verizon Pre Plus.
    Mine doesn't. Just shows that I have a Palm Pre Plus.
    Grab a screenshot of the 'coming weeks' message before it disappears. That way HP can't say 'pictures or it didn't happen'. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    Grab a screenshot of the 'coming weeks' message before it disappears. That way HP can't say 'pictures or it didn't happen'. =P
    If they say ANYTHING about their promise it would be a vast improvement over the current state of affairs.
    I get the same message I've seen all along when I check my serial number:

Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.

We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.

Your current device:
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    I am getting tired of the Pre2, Veer, Pre3, and even TouchPad talk. I got a Pre+ when my last Palm/phone died. Now I still have a year before I can upgrade. As a long time Palm and HP owner, I put my faith in HP/Palm. If they are abandoning us legacies now, they shouldn't get our loyalty or business. Regardless of how much I like WebOS or a form factor, I won't be giving them any more of my money until they "make things right". I am going so far as to order a Dell as my new laptop instead of another HP.
    +1

Yeah I decided to go with a kickass ASUS 12" netbook to do all the things my ailing Pre- was supposed to be able to do in the first place lol and just get one of the last Pre- available at Sprint on clearance as a replacement to tide me over phone-wise for another year.

Note that I *didn't* buy an HP dm1z netbook, even though it would have been pretty comparable in terms of price and performance.

Also note I'm *not* buying an HP TouchPad with an external keyboard.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    See the Touchpad or Pre forums for the $50.00 rebate on TP 32GB unit for which you'll need info from TP purchase (keep the packaging) and serial number from qualifying Pre-, other devices.

I'm still sol as a Pre 1.4.5 isn't compatible w/TP so am I expected to buy a Veer? I'll only take any offers when the P3 is available or Bell Canada carries it and allows an upgrade.

Cheers, Ray
    Been on this site enthusiastically multiple times daily for 2.5 years, but I just cannot see waiting any more.
    - Release day Pre is on its last legs
    - Multiple Palm phones before that
    - Wrote Leo in February and was promised HP would make it right. Not even a hint since!
    - It has been over two years; that is just too long to make us wait!
    - Veer is wrong upgrade, but no date for Pre3 and nothing about carriers (I'm on Sprint).
    - Pre 3 specs now starting to look dated.
    - Still have to carry Treo so can edit office docs
    - Really want Apps like my friends with Android & iPhone have!!

What finally did it was reading a very active "Support Group for WebOS users" thread on Android Central plus their eye-opening "Palm WebOS Home Brewers guide to Android".

My new phone arrives in the morning.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567